We are proud to include a Human Resource Concentration to the Ochsner Administrative Fellowship Program. This 12-24 month program, under the guidance of the program preceptor, Tracey Schiro, Sr. VP Risk Management &Chief HR Officer, will expose the fellow to unique projects throughout their rotations in order to cultivate core competencies that are critical to the success of Human Resource leadership in the health care environment. The fellow will rotate across HR disciplines; Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Workforce Development, Employee Services, Physician Recruiting and Development, and Strategic Business Partnerships and will be exposed to a broad range of hands-on experiences that will prepare them for future opportunities in healthcare leadership.
The Program utilizes leadership competencies to help guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
The prospective Human Resources Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must hold or in the process of completion of at least one of the following credentials:
- Master in Human Resource Management
- Master in Business Administration with HR concentration
- Master of Arts or Master of Science with HR discipline
- Master in Healthcare Administration with interest in HR
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Prospective Human Resource Fellows must submit the following materials as one (1) pdf application packet prior to close of business on Monday, Sept. 28, 2020 for the July Fellowship cycle 2021-2022:
- Current Resume/CV
- Personal Statement - (1-page maximum) – Include specifics on:
- Why are you choosing a career in healthcare/HR specifically?
- How do you exhibit Ochsner’s Values: Patient’s First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence & Teamwork?
- What are your post-fellowship career goals and how will an Ochsner Administrative Fellowship help you achieve these goals?
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – must include name, title & contact phone number and must be signed (combination of academic and professional required). References interested in sending letters directly to concentration email address, must include candidates full name in subject line. Letters must be received by specified concentration deadline for application to be considered.
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript – include with application packet. Transcript must be received by specified deadline for application to be considered. NOTE: An official transcript will be required upon hire.
Send all required application documentation in one (1) pdf file, via email, by required deadline to: HRFellowship@ochsner.org
To request more information, please email HRFellowship@ochsner.org
Eligibility for Fellowship Concentration
The prospective Human Resource Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program prior to start date of July, 2021 The fellowship runs July through June.