Ochsner is proud to introduce and offer 1 Nursing Administrative Fellowship concentration each year. Over a 12-month period, the Fellow has the opportunity to rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner’s hospitals, clinics, corporate office and any of the other entities in which the organization has a need or the candidate expresses an interest in learning. Examples include Hospital Operations, Nursing Research, Nursing Professional Development, Division Financial Management, Service Line Leadership, Medical Staff Leadership and Nursing Labor Workforce Management. Fellows in the Nursing Concentration are exposed to areas that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare leadership. Tracey Moffatt, MHA, BSN, RN, Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President of Quality for Ochsner Health System will serve as the Preceptor and Program Director. The Program utilizes the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) competencies to guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Louisiana license required upon hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- Must hold or in the process of completion at least one of the following credentials:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master in Healthcare Administration or Master in Health Services Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Public Health
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Prospective Nursing Fellows must submit the following documentation as one application submittal by Monday, February 26, 2018 for the July 2018 Fellowship cycle:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Personal Statement: (1 page single space) - Discuss your interest in a Fellowship, why healthcare, your career goals and how the fellowship will fit into those goals, and your interest in Ochsner Health System.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – Signed, include name, title and phone number (combination of Academic and Professional) NOTE: References wanting to send letters directly to email address, should include candidates full name in subject line
- Official Graduate School Transcript(s)
Please email all legible required documentation in one pdf file (subject line to include: candidate last name, first name, concentration applying for) by Monday, February 26, 2018 to: email@example.com.
Any submissions received after February 26, 2018 will NOT BE eligible.
For questions or additional information on applying please email a current member of our fellowship program will reply: firstname.lastname@example.org.