Ochsner is proud to introduce and offer 1 Nursing Administrative Fellowship concentration each year. Over a 12-month period, the Fellow has the opportunity to rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner’s hospitals, clinics, corporate office and any of the other entities in which the organization has a need or the candidate expresses an interest in learning. Examples include Hospital Operations, Nursing Research, Nursing Professional Development, Division Financial Management, Service Line Leadership, Medical Staff Leadership and Nursing Labor Workforce Management. Fellows in the Nursing Concentration are exposed to areas that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare leadership. Tracey Moffatt, MHA, BSN, RN, Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President of Quality for Ochsner Health will serve as the Preceptor and Program Director. The Program utilizes the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) competencies to guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Louisiana license required upon hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- Must hold or in the process of completion at least one of the following credentials:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master in Healthcare Administration or Master in Health Services Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Public Health
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
The application deadline for the July 2022-June 2023 Fellowship cycle is Sunday, September 26, 2021. We have made changes to the application submittal process and instructions have been included, please use the apply today link below. Applications will only be considered when submitted through Ochsner’s APPLY TODAY link below and received by the deadline date listed above. Application submittals must include the following items to be considered All above documentation MUST be included with your application and submitted online by September 28th to be considered. Applications will not be accepted through the fellowship email address; all applications must be submitted through Ochsner.org/careers to be considered. Please note, required documentation must be submitted during initial workday profile creation and in one pdf document.
- Application Cover Sheet
- Current Resume/CV
- Professional Statement: (1 page single space) - includes specifics on:
- Why are you choosing a career in healthcare?
- How do you exhibit Ochsner’s Values: Patient’s First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence & Teamwork?
- What are your post-fellowship career goals and how will an Ochsner Administrative Fellowship help you achieve these goals?
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – must include name, title and contact phone number and must be signed (combination of Academic and Professional required) NOTE: References who prefer to send letters directly to Ochsner should be sent to concentration email address and MUST include candidates full name in subject line. Letters must be received by specified concentration deadline for application to be considered. Nursing Fellowship Concentration email is listed below.
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript – include with application submittal. Transcript must be received by specified deadline for application to be considered. NOTE: An official transcript will be required upon hire.
To request additional information or learn more about the program, please email the fellows at: email@example.com