Nursing Administrative Fellowship Application Deadline Extended
Ochsner is proud to introduce and offer 1 Nursing Administrative Fellowship concentration each year. Over a 12-month period, the Fellow has the opportunity to rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner’s hospitals, clinics, corporate office and any of the other entities in which the organization has a need or the candidate expresses an interest in learning. Examples include Hospital Operations, Nursing Research, Nursing Professional Development, Division Financial Management, Service Line Leadership, Medical Staff Leadership and Nursing Labor Workforce Management. Fellows in the Nursing Concentration are exposed to areas that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare leadership. Tracey Moffatt, MHA, BSN, RN, Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President of Quality for Ochsner Health will serve as the Preceptor and Program Director. The Program utilizes the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) competencies to guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Louisiana license required upon hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- Must hold or in the process of completion at least one of the following credentials:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master in Healthcare Administration or Master in Health Services Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Public Health
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Prospective Nursing Fellows must submit the following documentation as one application submittal by Monday, March 30, 2020 for the July 2020 Fellowship start date:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Current Resume/CV
- Personal Statement: (1 page single space) - includes specifics on:
- Why are you choosing a career in healthcare?
- How do you exhibit Ochsner’s Values: Patient’s First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence & Teamwork?
- What are your post-fellowship career goals and how will an Ochsner Administrative Fellowship help you achieve these goals?
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – must include name, title and contact phone number and must be signed (combination of Academic and Professional required) NOTE: References wanting to send letters directly to email address, should include candidates full name in subject line. Letters must be received by specified concentration deadline for application to be considered.
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript – include with application packet. Transcript must be received by specified deadline for application to be considered. NOTE: An official transcript will be required upon hire.
Please email all legible required documentation in one (1) pdf file (subject line to include: candidate last name, first name, concentration applying for) by Monday, March 30, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any application documentation not received by the deadline will not be considered. For questions or additional information on applying please email questions to: email@example.com