The Operations Concentration offers up to six (6) Administrative Fellowship positions per year. Over the 12-month period, fellows rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner's hospital and clinic operations. A corporate fellowship may be available for qualified candidates. The program provides each fellow the opportunity to obtain hands-on experiences in operating an integrated health care organization alongside an experienced Executive Leader, who acts as their preceptor throughout the program, that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare. Preceptors and Fellows work collaboratively to identify and develop projects as well as a strong curriculum to address the operational needs of the organization, aligning Fellows for a career in those specific areas. This well-established training program has been tailored to meet the learning needs of each fellow to provide a rich and successful experience.
Potential Preceptors, by region:
- Robert Wolterman, Chief Executive Officer - OMC – South Shore Region
- John Herman, Chief Executive Officer - OMC – Northshore Region
- Eric McMillen, Chief Executive Officer - OMC – Baton Rouge Region
- Beth Walker, Chief Executive Officer - OMC – Baptist Facility
- Brad Goodson, Sr. Chief Operating Officer - OMC – Jefferson Highway
- Nicole Gonzales, Chief Operating Officer – OMC – Jefferson Highway
- Mary Deynoodt, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – West Bank Facility
- Charles Daigle, Chief Executive Officer – OMC – Shreveport Facility
The Operations Concentration offers fellowship opportunities in different regions and may require candidate(s) to relocate. The Program utilizes the ACHE competencies to help guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
The prospective Operations Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must hold or in the process of completion of at least one of the following credentials:
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
The application deadline for the July 2020-June 2021 Fellowship cycle is Monday, September 30, 2019. All required documentation must be received by deadline date to be considered. Application packets must include the following items to be considered:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Current Resume/CV
- Personal Statement - (1 page maximum) – Include specifics on:
1. Why are you choosing a career in healthcare?
2. How do you exhibit Ochsner’s Values: Patient’s First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence & Teamwork?
3. What are your post-fellowship career goals and how will an Ochsner Administrative Fellowship help you achieve these goals?
- Three (3) current letters of recommendations – Must be signed, include name, title & phone number. (Combination of academic and professional) NOTE: References interested in sending letters directly to email address, should include candidate’s full name in subject line. All letters must be received by specified deadline for application to be considered.
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript – Include with application packet. Note: An official transcript will be required upon hire.
To request additional information or learn more about the program, please email email@example.com.
Only the Operations concentration offers fellowship opportunities in different regions and may require relocation, please be sure to provide us with your region preference on the application cover sheet.