Ochsner offers up to 5 Administrative Operations Fellowships per year. Over the 12-month period, Fellows have the opportunity to rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner's hospitals, clinics, corporate office and any of the other entities in which organizational needs are identified and interest is expressed.
Fellows in the Operations Concentration are exposed to a broad range of hands-on experiences that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare leadership.
Each Fellowship Concentration has an Executive Leader/Preceptor to assist in guiding the curriculum, provide feedback, one-on-one mentoring, progressive evaluations, and preceptor facilitated experiences.
Our Preceptors are:
- Beth Walker, Chief Operating Officer - OMC
- Robert Wolterman, Chief Executive Officer - OMC
- John Herman, Chief Operating Officer – OMC
- Brad Goodson, Chief Executive Officer – OMNS
- Eric McMillen, Chief Executive Officer – OMBR
The Program utilizes the ACHE competencies to guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
The prospective Operations Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must hold or in the process of completion of at least one of the following credentials:
- Master in Healthcare Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
The application deadline for the July 2018-2019 Fellowship cycle has passed. We are no longer accepting applications for this concentration. Please check back for future opportunities.
- Application Cover Sheet
- Personal Statement - (1 page single space) - Discuss your interest in a Fellowship, why you have chosen healthcare, your career goals, and specifically your interest in Ochsner Health System.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendations – Signed, include name, title & phone number. (Combination of academic and professional) NOTE: References wanting to send letters directly to email address, should include candidates full name in subject line. Letters must be received by specified deadline to be considered.
- Official Graduate Transcript - NOTE: Transcripts should be mailed directly to: Ochsner Fellowship Program, Attn.: Faye Campo, 1514 Jefferson Highway, Room 6E253, New Orleans, LA 70121 and must be received by specified deadline to be considered.
To request more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.