Ochsner offers up to five (5) Administrative Fellowships per year in Operations. Over the 12-month period, fellows will rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner's hospital and clinic operations. A corporate rotation is also available.
The program provides each fellow the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience in operating an integrated health care organization alongside an experienced Executive Leader, who acts as their preceptor throughout the program, that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare leadership.
Preceptors and Fellows work collaboratively to identify and develop projects as well as a strong curriculum to address the operational needs of the organization, aligning Fellows’ interest in those specific areas. This leadership training program is tailored to meet the learning needs of each fellow to provide a rich and successful experience.
Preceptors, by region, are:
- Robert Wolterman, Chief Executive Officer - OMC – Jefferson Highway
- John Herman, Chief Executive Officer - OMC – North Shore Region
- Eric McMillen, Chief Executive Officer - OMC – Baton Rouge Region
- Beth Walker, Chief Operating Officer - OMC – Jefferson Highway
- Brad Goodson, Chief Operating Officer - OMC – Jefferson Highway
The Operations Concentration offers fellowship opportunities in different regions and may require candidate to relocate. The Program utilizes the ACHE competencies to help guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
The prospective Operations Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must hold or in the process of completion of at least one of the following credentials:
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
The 2019-2020 Operations Fellow application process is now closed. The application deadline for the July 2020-June 2021 Fellowship cycle is Monday, September 30, 2019. All required documentation must be received by deadline date to be considered.
- Application Cover Sheet
- Personal Statement - (1 page single space) - Discuss your interest and expectations in a Fellowship Program, why you have chosen healthcare, your career aspirations and expected timeline, and specifically your interest in Ochsner Health System.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendations – Must be signed, include name, title & phone number. (Combination of academic and professional) NOTE: References interested in sending letters directly to email address, should include candidate’s full name in subject line. All letters must be received by specified deadline for application to be considered.
- Official Graduate Transcript - Transcripts should be mailed directly to: Ochsner Fellowship Program, Attn.: Faye Campo, 1315 Jefferson Highway, Room 1X011, New Orleans, LA 70121 and must be received by specified deadline for application to be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS.
To request additional information or learn more about the program, please email email@example.com.