Ochsner offers up to 5 Administrative Operations Fellowships per year. Over the 12-month period, Fellows have the opportunity to rotate through and experience all aspects of Ochsner's hospitals, clinics, corporate office and any of the other entities in which organizational needs are identified and interest is expressed.
Fellows in the Operations Concentration are exposed to a broad range of hands-on experiences that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare leadership.
Each Fellowship Concentration has an Executive Leader/Preceptor to assist in guiding the curriculum, provide feedback, one-on-one mentoring, progressive evaluations, and preceptor facilitated experiences.
Our Preceptors are:
- Beth Walker, Chief Operating Officer - OMC
- Robert Wolterman, Chief Executive Officer - OMC
- John Herman, Chief Operating Officer – OMC
- Brad Goodson, Chief Executive Officer – OMNS
- Eric McMillen, Chief Executive Officer – OMBR
The Program utilizes the ACHE competencies to guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
The prospective Operations Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must hold or in the process of completion of at least one of the following credentials:
- Master in Healthcare Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Prospective Operation Fellows should submit the following documentation as one application submittal prior to close of business on Monday, October 2, 2017 for the July Fellowship cycle 2018-2019:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Personal Statement - (1 page single space) - Discuss your interest in a Fellowship, why you have chosen healthcare, your career goals, and specifically your interest in Ochsner Health System.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendations – Signed, include name, title & phone number. (Combination of academic and professional) NOTE: References wanting to send letters directly to email address, should include candidates full name in subject line
- Official Graduate Transcript
Please email all legible required documentation in pdf file (subject line to include: candidate last name, first name, concentration applying for) by Monday, October 2, 2017 to: email@example.com
Any submissions received after October 2, 2017 will NOT BE eligible.
To request more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.