PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency
The Ochsner Medical Center PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency is an intense twelve month program designed to develop clinical practice skills by providing exposure to a clinical environment that offers diverse training in a variety of pharmacy practice areas. The resident will become proficient in a broad range of services structured to develop their individual strengths and advance the growth of their clinical judgment. The program allows for sufficient flexibility to adapt to the needs and interests of the individual resident, while providing the basic foundation to develop the professional skills essential for a practicing clinical pharmacist. At the completion of the program, the resident will be prepared to function as a general clinical practitioner in an acute care setting and also be prepared to pursue a PGY 2 residency.
Ochsner Health System is dedicated to excellence in patient care, education and research. This mission has been intricately entwined throughout all aspects of the Health System. Ochsner is one of the largest non-university based physician training centers. The Ochsner Health System pharmacy is a state-of-the-art facility with the latest technologies. Pharmacists are integrally involved in all aspects of patient care.
The Residency Program:
- 4-week rotations
- Over 15 elective rotations to choose from
- including cardiology, transplant, diabetes
- and anticoagulation clinics
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care
- Practice Management
- Resident Research Project
- Hospital Pharmacy Practice
- Drug Information
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health and Wellness Program
- Discounted gym membership
- 10 days vacation & 8 holidays
- Graduate of an accredited College/School of Pharmacy
- Eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Louisiana
- Must obtain a Louisiana pharmacy intern license by start of the program (if not licensed as a pharmacist)
- Licensed in the State of Louisiana before the program begins or shortly thereafter
Materials should be submitted via the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application System (PHORCAS).
- Letter of interest
- Academic transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Deadline for completed applications is January 15, 2017.
Only those applications files that have been completed will be considered for an on-site interview.
Nicole Fabré-LaCoste, Pharm.D., BCPS, CGP
Clinical Lead Supervisor, Academics, Education and Research
Residency Program Director, PGY 1 Pharmacy Residency Program
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Internal Medicine
Ochsner Medical Center – New Orleans