At Ochsner, it’s our people that make us strong. We are proud of our accomplishments, and we recognize that is due to the hard work and dedication of our employees. Recognizing employee excellence is an essential part of the Ochsner culture. We reward our employees for delivering superior service to our patients, customers, family members, team members, and guests. Ochsner offers a variety of programs and events that serve to recognize and reward employees for their hard work, years of service, patient satisfaction and commitment to excellence.
One way we recognize employees is The Spirit of Ochsner program. This program is designed to recognize employees and departments demonstrating outstanding customer service and carrying out the Ochsner mission.
The program consists of four award categories:
- Spirit on the Spot - Celebrates employees who carry out Ochsner’s mission on a daily basis
- Spirit of Caring - Celebrates individual service heroes at a facility level either monthly or quarterly and annually on a system level
- Spirit of Service - Celebrates employees with five to 40+ years of service
- Spirit of Leadership - Celebrates outstanding leadership
Spirit on the Spot
Spirit on the Spot is a part of the Spirit of Ochsner recognition program which provides on-the-spot recognition for Ochsner employees who demonstrate an exceptional effort in contributing to the Ochsner mission to: Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Each month, managers read the Spirit on the Spot cards in department staff meetings and post the cards in a central location.
The goals of the Spirit on the Spot program are to:
- Promote awareness of the Ochsner Mission.
- Increase praise and recognition across the entire organization.
- Encourage peer-to-peer accountability for service excellence.
- Capture stories of service excellence.
Spirit of Caring
The Spirit of Caring award is given to nominated employees who demonstrate an exceptional attitude for caring. They reinforce our Mission by putting our patients and customers first by quickly attending to their needs, and proactively reaching out to ensure comfort and outstanding service. Spirit of Caring winners make a difference in their work environment by spreading a positive attitude and showing respect and compassion to patients and peers alike.
Spirit of Service
The Spirit of Service award program recognizes employees celebrating years of service in five year intervals as an Ochsner employee. Employees attaining 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 plus years of service are honored at a special ceremony and receive a pin and certificate. In addition, employees with 25-40 plus years of service receive a special gift from Ochsner Health System.
Spirit of Leadership
The annual Spirit of Ochsner Leadership awards program acknowledges leaders, physicians, and teams demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities and contributions to their profession, Ochsner, or the community. Employees and managers are encouraged to review the list of award categories and send in nominations. This is a great opportunity to recognize successes and memorable contributions.
Spirit of Leadership, not only recognizes the award recipients, but also finalists in each category through a system broadcast and a special annual awards event. The awards presentation announces the finalists and the award recipient live for each of the categories. Each Spirit of Leadership recipient receives an Alton Ochsner statue, a certificate for display, and a photograph and biography.
Award categories include:
- Community Service Award
- Department of the Year - Clinical
- Department of the Year - Non-Clinical
- Physician Academic Contributor of the Year
- Advanced Practice Provider of the Year
- Nurse of the Year
- Supervisor of the Year
- Innovation Project of the Year
- Quality Project of the Year
- Management Leader of the Year - Clinical
- Management Leader of the Year - Non-Clinical
- New Leader of the Year - Clinical
- New Leader of the Year - Non-Clinical
- New Physician of the Year
- Physician of the Year - Baton Rouge
- Physician of the Year - Community Hospitals (Baptist, Bayou Region, Kenner, West Bank)
- Physician of the Year - OMC
- Physician of the Year - North Shore
- Physician Leader of the Year