The Ochsner Alumni Association has more than 2,800 members who represent medical and surgical specialties, education, and research throughout the United States and internationally.
To develop strong bonds and create a sense of loyalty and commitment to Ochsner among current alumni. To promote a sense of pride when our alumni remember their training at the institution.
- To develop and maintain a close scientific and professional relationship with our alumni.
- To stimulate advancement in all branches of medicine among our alumni.
- To assist in the recognition and support of our alumni throughout the world.
Volunteers Needed! The Ochsner Alumni Association is looking for Alumni to serve the association on its various committees and leadership positions. If you are interested in helping your Alumni Association, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Alton Ochsner's Creed
- Develop to the utmost one's God-given talents.
- Utilize every waking moment to improve one's self, spiritually, educationally, or physically.
- Be honest with others and with yourself.
- Be loyal. Loyalty is one of the finest of all attributes and it is found so infrequently.
- Leisure, although beneficial, is too frequently abused because of the inability to utilize it in a beneficial manner. Such instances cause waste and may result in detrimental excesses, such as alcoholism and boredom. Mental activity delays deterioration of the mind as physical activity prevents muscular atrophy.
- Develop and maintain a positive attitude. Determination and industriousness result in unexpected positive results. Live every moment, minute, hour, and day to the fullest. Strive to make each day better than the previous one. Life is not eternal and every moment is so precious; none should be wasted.
Hector Ventura, MD, FACC, FACP (New Orleans, LA)
Work phone: 504-842-5638
Jim Gilmore, MD, FACS (Corinth, MS)
Work phone: 662-603-1714
Chuck DiCorte, MD, FACS (Mandeville, LA)
Gen Surg 1995
Work phone: 985-875-2825
Chris Fontenot, MD, FACS (Lafayette, LA)
Work phone: 337-857-0971
Timothy Riddell, MD (Mandeville, LA)
Family Practice 1999
Work phone: 985-845-2828
Past President, OAA Board and Chair, Bylaws Committee
John Renz, MD, FACR (Montrose, AL)
Work phone: 251-533-2092
Past President, OAA Board and Chair, Fellows Alumni Society Finance
Devinder S. Bhatia, MD, FACS (Houston, TX)
TCV 1995 and GS 1997
Work phone: 281-397-7000
President Emeritus, OAA Board and Chair, Awards Committee
Michael Trotter, MD, FACS, FACC, FCCP (Greenville, MS)
Work phone: 662-347-9588
Director of Alumni Affairs
Work phone: 504-842-7230
Cell phone: 985-400-8831