Thank you for your interest in our high school student volunteer program.
We encourage you to apply early, as the program is very popular and placements at the Jefferson Highway and Elmwood locations fill quickly.
*NEW* Junior Volunteer applications are now accepted year-round.
Fall and Spring Sessions
- Junior Volunteer opportunities in the Fall and Spring are very limited.
- Experiences are limited to no more than 3 hours per day.
- Positions are available Monday - Friday between 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm and on weekends between 10 am - 1 pm or 1 pm - 4 pm.
- There are two sessions (4 weeks each) during the summer.
- Junior Volunteers are asked to commit to the entire session.
- Applications deadlines do apply for the Summer Sessions.
- Positions are available twice a week: Mon/Wed or Tu/Th from 8 am - 4 pm.
The dates for Summer 2019 are as follows:
- Session 1 will be June 3 - June 28, 2019.
- Applications for this session are due by May 10, 2019.
- Session 2 will be July 8 - August 2, 2019.
- Applications for this session are due by June 7, 2019.
- Junior volunteers must be going into 9th grade and between the ages of 14-17.
- The program is very popular and spaces fill up quickly; those interested should apply as soon as possible.
- The Junior Volunteer Application can be found below or in the Volunteer Services Office.
- Applicants who meet our minimum requirements will be contacted via email to complete next steps of the process.
- Those who are preliminary accepted into the program will need to complete a health screening, along with other requirements.
- Orientations will be held before the first day of volunteering.
- For the Fall and Spring sessions, orientations will be scheduled on a small-group basis.
- For the Summer sessions, orientation will be held on the first scheduled day of the session.
Next Steps for Applying
- Click here to complete the application online.
- For additional information, please call the Ochsner Volunteer Services Department at 504-842-5085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.