Applications for Summer 2019 (Jeff Hwy/Elmwood) are now past due. Volunteers interested in applying to the Fall 2019 sessions can apply starting July 15, 2019.
Fall and Spring Sessions
- Junior Volunteer opportunities in the Fall and Spring are limited.
- Experiences are limited to no more than 3 hours per day.
- Positions are available Monday - Friday between 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm and on weekends between 10 am - 1 pm or 1 pm - 4 pm.
- There are two sessions (4 weeks each) during the summer.
- Junior Volunteers are asked to commit to the entire session.
- Applications deadlines do apply for the Summer Sessions.
- Positions are available twice a week: Mon/Wed or Tu/Th from 8 am - 4 pm.
The dates for Summer 2020 are as follows:
- Session 1 will be June 1 - June 26, 2020.
- Applications for this session are due by May 8, 2020.
- Session 2 will be July 6 - July 31, 2020. ◦
- Applications for this session are due by June 5, 2020.
- Junior volunteers must be going into 9th grade and between the ages of 14-17.
- The program is very popular and spaces fill up quickly; those interested should apply as soon as possible.
- The Junior Volunteer Application can be found below or in the Volunteer Services Office.
- Applicants who meet our minimum requirements will be contacted via email to complete next steps of the process.
- Those who are preliminary accepted into the program will need to complete a health screening, along with other requirements.
- Orientations will be held before the first day of volunteering.
- For the Fall and Spring sessions, orientations will be scheduled on a small-group basis.
- For the Summer sessions, orientation will be held on the first scheduled day of the session.
Next Steps for Applying
- Click here to complete the application online.
- For additional information, please call the Ochsner Volunteer Services Department at 504-842-5085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.