Institute of Medicine, Education and Spirituality
“Spirit is that aspect or essence of a person (soul) that gives him or her power and energy, and motivates the pursuit of virtues such as love, truth, and wisdom.”
— Denise D. McKee and John N. Chappel, Spirituality and Medical Practice
We will inspire holistic healing of body, mind, and spirit through research, education, and innovation.
We Heal, Inspire, and Transform Through the Integration of Medicine, Education, and Spirituality.
- Reorient the Future of Healthcare
- Compassionate Presence
- Practice of Virtues and Values
IMESO - Did you know?
- *NEW Article* We have to get the hearts and minds of physicians back.
- *NEW Article* Spirituality and the American Workplace
- Coalition for Physician Well-Being - What are the coalition’s goals and how is IMESO involved?
- Compassionate Presence and Virtues - A course designed for medical residents
- Spirituality and Holistic Healthcare - Why was IMESO founded?
- Spirituality: Living Successfully - How does IMESO define spirituality?
- Workplace Spirituality - What is it?
- Self-Transcendence and Healthcare
Fr. Anthony De Conciliis, C.S.C., Ph.D