For more information about the Gift Shop at Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank, click here.
Food and Nutrition Services
Food and Nutrition Services can accommodate special food requests. Please notify the department's staff in advance, if possible, for any specific dietary needs such as kosher or vegetarian meals or other special food requests
Patients will also enjoy the Sodexo’s At Your Request service for meals. This comprehensive room service allows patients to choose and order their meals at their convenience. Each meal is freshly prepared to order and are delivered to the room within 30-45 minutes.
Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank is located at 2500 Belle Chasse Hwy. Gretna, LA 70056. Parking is available free-of-charge in the hospital parking garage.
Emergency Department patients and their family members can also park in the lot at the back of the hospital near the Emergency Department and Patient Registration entrances.
Please call 504-392-3131 if you have questions about parking.
Pastoral Care Services are available through our hospital chaplain. Chaplain and extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion provide sacramental ministry and prayer. For our patients a visitors, we have a chapel on the 2nd floor of the hospital adjacent to the Family Unit Waiting Room. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the chaplain's office at 504-391-8819 or 504-595-8393.
Special Services, Hard of Hearing and Interpretive Services
Services and equipment available for the visually impaired and others in need of special services include:
- Syringe magnifiers
- Flat magnifiers
- Large print materials such as communication cards and pictographs
- Diabetes education materials
- DVD's with detailed audio content for diabetic education
- Braille indicators are throughout the facility for elevators
- Directional signage
- Handicapped parking spaces
Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank is required by law to provide interpreter services to those who are deaf or who have Limited English Proficiency free of charge.If you are scheduling hospital procedures or appointments in advance, you should have your scheduler determine whether a patient or possibly a family member accompanying the patient needs an interpreter or other auxiliary aid or service.
- 504-391-5150 for Outpatient Diagnostic or Laboratory procedures
- 504-391-5600 for inpatient/outpatient surgeries
- 504-391-5151 for direct admits.
The TDD direct number is 504-207-1226.
TV, Telephone and WiFi
- All hospital rooms are equipped with a television, telephone with amplifier capability and wireless Internet access. Those requiring services for hearing impairment can request sign language interpretation services, telecommunication devices (TDD's), assistive listening devices (ALD's) and other aids and services at no additional cost. In addition, all televisions are equipped with closed captioning capability.