System Nursing Professional Development 2nd Annual Social Media Conference.
Participants will gather for the 2nd Annual Social Media Conference located at Ochsner’s Dickory location. Hosted by System Nursing
Professional Development and coordinated by Jennie Miele Seal, BSN, RN, System CNE Primary Nurse Planner and Team, the goal of the conference is for participants to be able to describe their rights when considering media and nursing practice and to share information about how to protect those rights and reduce risk exposure when dealing with clients that are using media. Speakers from across Ochsner Health System will lead the discussion on the benefits and risks of social media in nursing and speakers included:
• Ann Lockhart, MN, RN-BC AVP Nursing Practice, System Nursing Professional Development and Nursing Informatics
• Jennie Miele Seal, RN and Stuart Redfearn, RN – Social Media and You: How to Protect Your Nursing
License and Reduce Risk Exposure
• Daisy G. Kane, JD – Social Media and Employment
• Meredith Miceli, JD, CPHRM – The Risk Minefields of Engaging with Social Media.
• The Expert Panel Discussion will feature Meredith Miceli, JD, CPHRM, Stephanie Victoriano,
AVP, HR, Daisy G. Kane, JD, and Senior Digital Content Specialists, Mimsie Ladner and
• Alison Soileau, System AVP, Patient Experience and Service Excellence to offer closing remarks and
discuss opportunities for nurses to strengthen the image of our nursing profession.
For more information about this monthly highlight please contact: Jennie Miele at email@example.com
Please email:Jennie Miele Seal/ firstname.lastname@example.org