Ochsner Physician Partners
Why Should Physicians Participate?
Ochsner Physician Partners clinical integration network is dedicated to:
- Improving the health of patients and the population
- Enhancing the quality of care
- Reducing costs
- Improving patient experience through coordination of care and service excellence
Physicians are in the best position to improve the quality of healthcare and bend the cost curve. Today, most independent physicians are not in a position to share in or be compensated for the value they create through incentive based payment models.
Solution to Physician’s Dilemma
Clinical integration is a physician driven effort to craft and direct healthcare practices through evidence-based guidelines and measures leading to a reduction in e practice variation (with the help of technology), enhanced work flow, and improved population care coordination. The internal monitoring of each physician’s performance through integrated network technology creates an avenue for physicians to be awarded for improved value, outcomes and innovation versus increased volume.
What is Ochsner Physician Partners (OPP)?
- OPP is an affiliation between physicians, Ochsner hospitals, and healthcare facilities within Ochsner Health Network (OHN).
- Members include community physicians, Ochsner employed physicians, Ochsner hospitals and facilities within OHN who employ evidence based methodology and transparent data to improve quality performance and efficiency of care.
- OPP is a joint contracting entity that serves as a conduit between the payor and the physician to develop network contracts that incent high quality/low cost healthcare. Physicians can enter into a written agreement with a payor, which aligns financial incentives of the physicians and hospitals to provide the opportunity to recognize and reward quality and efficiency of care.
- OPP is governed by physician members through a committee structure designed to foster the growth, quality and outstanding levels of performance in the network.
What is clinical integration (CI)?
Clinical integration creates a collaboration between physicians (community/employed), hospitals and facilities to develop active and ongoing clinical initiatives designed to improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare services. Active participation in a clinical integration network creates a high degree of interdependence and cooperation among participants leading them to contract jointly with payors to accelerate improvements in healthcare delivery.
Search Physicians - Click here to find a physician in Ochsner Physician Partners.
Ochsner Physician Partners will not use the email addresses provided for any marketing purposes.