Outcomes and Honors
We are very proud to be recognized among the Top Hospitals in the nation, as recognized by US News & World Report andTruven Health Analytics. This recognition validates our efforts to provide an unparalleled level of care to the people of the Gulf South and beyond, while establishing a benchmark for us to measure our continued success.
We would like to celebrate and thank all physicians who serve on our medical staff, every nurse, technician, and every colleague affiliated with the Ochsner Health System for your commitment to provide the best care to every patient who comes through our doors.
Ochsner is recognized by the following industry experts:
- Best Employers for Workers Over 50 (2011, 2013)
American Heart Association (AHA): Ochsner Medical Center West Bank Campus
- Get With The Guidelines Gold Award
Anticoagulation Center of Excellence
Ochsner Health System has passed the Anticoagulation Forum's assessment program, and can be considered an Anticoagulation Center of Excellence. Participation in this program demonstrates Ochsner's ongoing goal to achieve the highest level of care and the best possible outcomes for our patients on antithrombotic medications.
- 50 Best Hospitals in America (2011) and 100 Great Hospitals in America (2012-2014)
- 60 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic Programs (2011) and 100 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic Programs (2014)
- 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs (2013)
- 100 Hospitals with Great Neurosurgery and Spine Programs (2013)
- 100 Integrated Health Systems to Know (2013)
- 100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know (2013)
- 100 Hospitals With Great Women's Health Programs (2014)
- 100 Hospitals With Great Heart Programs (2014)
CityBusiness: Ochsner Health System
Best Places to Work (2005-2015)
The Great 100 Nurses of Louisiana Foundation: Ochsner Health System
- Great 100 Nurses in Louisiana (2008-2016)
Health and Human Services Department: Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- Healthcare Innovation Award (2012)
Healthcare IT News: Ochsner Health System
- Where to Work: Best Hospital IT Departments: #5 of ten hospitals in the Large Hospitals category (2011)
- 5 Best Super Hospital IT Departments (2013)
Healthgrades, the nation's most trusted source of health care provider information, has named Ochsner Medical Center and its West Bank Campus Distinguished Hospitals for Clinical Excellence™ for the fifth year in a row.
This prestigious distinction places Ochsner among the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes – and the only hospitals in Louisiana to receive the award.
Hospitals & Health Networks: Ochsner Health System
- Health Care’s Most Wired – seven-time winner
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®: Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore (2011), Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital and Chabert Medical Center (2013)
- Accredited Gold Seal of Approval: Ochsner Medical Center, Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank, Ochsner Medical Center – Elmwood & Ochsner Clinics (2012)
- Disease-Specific Care Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification: Ochsner Medical Center (2013)
Louisiana Hospital Association: Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge
- Hospital Engagement Network (HEN) Improvements in all 10 areas
National Research Corporation (NRC) Consumer Choice: Ochsner Health System
- “Consumer Choice Award” Winner -- 18 consecutive years
Truven Health Analytics
- Ochsner Medical Center (including Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank Campus and Ochsner Baptist Medical Center)
- 100 Top Hospitals® and Top 15 Major Teaching Hospitals in the nation (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017)
- 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals (2011)
- Everest Award -- one of only six hospitals in the U.S. (2011, 2012)
- Top Quintile (20 percent): Best Performing Systems (2011)
- Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge
- Everest Award -- one of only 10 hospitals in the U.S. (2017)
- 100 Top Hospitals® (2017)
Ochsner Medical Center, Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank Campus, and Ochsner Baptist have again been ranked among the best hospitals in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report’s 2017-2018 Best Hospitals rankings. The annual Best Hospitals rankings recognize hospitals that excel in treating the most challenging patients. This is the 17th time since 1996 Ochsner has been recognized among the Best Hospitals in America.