Special Programs and Services
Memory Assessment Program
Once referred by your physician, the following happens:
- Medical Evaluation to rule out common reversible causes of cognitive dysfunction
- Neurologic and Physical Exam
- Possible referral for imaging
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Comprehensive history and clinical interview
- Detailed neuropsychological testing (1 to 3 hours)
- Detailed report and treatment plan
- Multi-disciplinary Memory Clinic
- Feedback regarding diagnosis and cause for cognitive problems
- Treatment plan discussion
- Possible medication management
- Possible meeting with social worker for any planning or family needs
- Possible meeting with allied health professionals (e.g., referral for a driving evaluation)
- Ongoing follow-up to track cognitive functioning over time and response to intervention along with family support
Outpatient Neuropsychological Assessment
Once referred by your neurologist or other physician, we conduct a detailed assessment to understand your cognitive functioning, causes for cognitive or memory difficulties, and design a treatment plan with strategies to manage your cognitive symptoms. .
This is an innovative initiative designed to help prevent or reduce one’s risk of cognitive decline. The initiative consists of a series of seminars or “talks” designed to help individuals learn about risk factors (e.g., poor diet, stress) to cause cognitive problems and engage in activities that promote long term brain health.
Talk with your doctor about how you can participate in this program.