Ochsner Patient Story: Molly Lee
Breaking Down Your Blood Test
Get the Facts on Multiple Myeloma
The Donor Registry – Are You Registered?
3 Ways to Not Waste Your 2018 Health Insurance
What is a Virtual Visit?
There’s Been a Salmonella Outbreak. Now What?
8 Ways to Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Soup Recipe
Stomach Viruses: How Soon Can You Go to Work?
Bone Marrow Transplant Program
Every four minutes, someone in the United States is diagnosed with blood cancer – more than 176,000 new cases are expected this year alone.* While these statistics are startling, more is being done for blood cancer patients than ever before. And all of it is being done right here at Ochsner.
At Ochsner, we’re on a mission to provide exceptional care for patients with hematologic malignancies. From diagnosis through treatment, long-term follow-up and survivorship, we’re there for you every step of the way at the Leukemia, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Program.
Our experience, coupled with cutting-edge research, leads to highly specialized, comprehensive, innovative care in a patient-friendly, state-of-the-art facility. Our multidisciplinary team of physicians and staff will work together, for you and with you, for the best possible outcome.
- Focus on hematopoietic stem cell transplant
- Dedicated hematology and oncology inpatient facility
- Dedicated blood cancer and transplant unit containing positive pressure and HEPA-filtration airflow systems
- Offer a high-quality outpatient infusion suite dedicated to transplant program patients
- On-site processing and manipulation of harvested stem cells through Ochsner’s Cellular Therapy Processing Lab
- Participate in active therapeutic clinical trials focusing on hematologic malignancies
The Ochsner Leukemia, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation Program is Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) accredited for adults undergoing autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplants. FACT is the only accrediting organization that addresses all quality aspects of the cellular therapy treatments from clinical care to all aspects of stem cell transplant.
For more information on the Ochsner Cancer Institute Leukemia, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Program please call us directly at 504-842-2950.
*Statistic from the Leukemia Research Foundation