Lung Cancer Screening with CT Low Dose
DON’T WAIT. Schedule your lung screening today!
- The lung cancer screening costs $99
- You need an order from your physician
- Call 504-842-LUNG for more information or to schedule your screening
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among both men and women.
If you are between the ages of 55 and 77 and have a history of smoking 30 packs or more each year, you are at the highest risk for lung cancer. Regardless of whether you still smoke or you quit within the last 15 years, it is highly recommended that you get screened for lung cancer as soon as possible.
Early detection is critical to winning the fight against lung cancer.
Screening for lung cancer is vitally important because lung cancer doesn’t start causing symptoms until it has spread. The National Lung Screening Trial, of which Ochsner was an original participant, showed that screening is an effective way to improve people’s chances of surviving lung cancer, since lung cancer is most treatable before it causes symptoms.
Ochsner’s lung cancer screening is painless and takes about five minutes.
Our lung cancer screening uses the lowest radiation CT scan available, which produces a 3D image of your lungs. The screening is non-invasive, and you don’t have to do anything special to prepare. There are no injections or dyes to drink. The scan takes less than five minutes.
After the scan:
- The results are reviewed by an experienced team, including a radiologist and pulmonologist
- You will be notified about the results along with any follow-up recommendations, and you will receive a copy of your screening report
- Results will also be shared with your primary care physician