Parkinson’s Disease Symposium
Ochsner Neurology Movement Disorders and DBS Program presents:
The Parkinson’s Disease Symposium 2018
The 12th Annual Educational Conference for people and families affected by Parkinson’s Disease
Saturday, April 28, 2018
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Brent House Conference Center at Ochsner Medical Center, 1514 Jefferson Hwy.
AGENDA (subject to change):
- 8:30 am: Welcome breakfast
- 9:00 am: Guest Speaker: Dr. Jay Rao: 30 years of Lessons from My Patients
- 9:30 am: Introduction to PD and Parkinsonism: Georgia Lea, MD
- 10:00 am: Questions/answers
- 10:15 am: Stretch Break
- 10:30 am: Caretakers: What can I do to help?: TBD
- 11:00 am: Exercise, Physical Therapy and PD: Richard Baudry
- 11:15 am: Questions/answers
- 11:30 am: Stretch Break
- 12-1pm: Lunch-time and Information tables
- 1:00 pm: Update on Research in PD: David Houghton, MD
- 1:30 pm: Surgical treatments for PD: Neda Hidarilak
- 2:00 pm: Pharmacologic therapies of PD: Sarah Perez
Registration is FREE; however, seating is very limited, so register soon!
- By Phone
- To register by phone, please call 504-842-8768 and on the voicemail leave: your name, address, phone number, the name of your neurologist and how many will be in your party.
- Fill out the form below to register online. You will receive an email confirmation once your registration has been received.