Depending on a patient’s situation and the particular drug, he or she may get chemotherapy once a day, once a week or once a month. Chemotherapy is often given in cycles. A patient may, for example, get therapy for six weeks, and then have time to rest before the next cycle begins. Whether treatment is for cure, control or palliative care, this dedicated team will support you and your family during this difficult time. The nurses have completed advanced classes and preceptorship programs to work in this area.
Infusion Therapy Services include:
- Osteoarthritis / Remicade
- Crohn’s Disease / Remicade
- Blood Products / Low Platelets
- Anemia / Infed / Ferrllicit
- Mylodysplasia Syndrome / Arnesp / Procrit
- Chronic Renal Insuffiency / Arnerp / Procrit
At Ochsner Medical Center-West Bank in Gretna, Louisiana, the staff strives to make the infusion experience as comfortable as possible. Our convenient and familiar location offers a friendly, compassionate staff that provides excellent care to patients. The Infusion Center is located on the 2nd floor of the hospital, making it easy to find.
The center provides many complementary services:
- Warm blankets
- MP3 players for individual music
- Multiple televisions
- Lunch (if applicable)
- Snacks – saltine, graham crackers, peanut butter, jelly and potato chips
- Drinks – coffee, tea, soft drinks, juice
- Books to read and return for shared use
Each patient receives detailed one-on-one teaching for their specific cancer therapy regimen and side effects and is provided with a take home patient handbook. Patients will be pleased with the service and care provided to them as well as their families.
The hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you have any questions, please call 504-207-2727 or 504-207-2735.
OCHSNER STORIES & MORE AT BLOG.OCHSNER.ORG
1 min read time
Cancer During Pregnancy is Treatable
2 min read time