What is Cholangiocarcinoma?
Why Have Your Next Mammogram in 3D?
A Stage 1 Diagnosis Abroad - Tod Thedy's Story
3 Ways to Not Waste Your 2018 Health Insurance
What is a Virtual Visit?
There’s Been a Salmonella Outbreak. Now What?
8 Ways to Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Section of the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology provides leading endoscopic procedures. Our team consists of highly-trained physicians, endoscopy nurses and technicians.
Our mission is to become the preeminent referral center in the Gulf South for advanced therapeutic endoscopy through the use of advanced technologies, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate care, and physician expertise.
Our services include:
- Therapy for Barrett’s Esophagus
- Device-Assisted Enteroscopy
- EMR - Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- ERCP - Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Cholangioscopy and pancreatoscopy
- GI tract stent placement
The advanced endoscopy team at Ochsner provides evaluation and treatment for a range of conditions, including:
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Bile duct cancer
- Bile duct stones (choledocholithiasis)
- Bile duct strictures
- Bile leak
- Carcinoid tumors
- Esophageal cancer
- Pancreatic cysts and Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic pseudocysts
- Polyps: colon, duodenal and gastric
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis