Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do if I’m a new patient?
- Check in 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Have both your primary (and secondary if applicable) insurance information available.
- Be prepared to make your co-payment, if applicable.
- Please bring any medications, or a list of medications with dosage and number of times per day they are taken, along with you. Don’t forget to include over-the-counter medications.
- A current list of drugs (formulary) covered on your insurance will also help your doctor make any necessary changes in your medication.
How do I obtain a copy of my medical records?
For instructions on how to request copies of your child’s medical records, click here.
What if I have problem when my doctor’s office is closed?
If you have a medical concern or problem outside of normal operating hours, please call our Ochsner On-Call at 504-842-3155. Ochsner On Call provides appointment booking, health education, and advisory services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Specially trained registered nurses are available to discuss your health care concerns, to help you decide if your symptoms require going to the emergency room for assessment or a visit to a physician, and to recommend appropriate self-care techniques.
How does Ochsner keep track of immunizations records?
Ochsner participates in the LINKS program, also known as the Louisiana Immunization Network for Kids Statewide. It is a computer-based immunization information system administered by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals. The purpose of LINKS is to coordinate immunizations among health care providers to assure adequate immunization levels and to avoid unnecessary immunizations.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my doctor’s appointment?
Out of consideration for other patients who may need the appointment time, please give Ochsner at least 24 hours advance notice if you are unable to keep your appointment time.