Train like a pro with the Official Healthcare Provider of the New Orleans Pelicans and New Orleans Saints.
Our team of coaches at Ochsner Performance Training work with athletes of all ages to improve their game: Developing endurance, speed, strength and agility while teaching injury-prevention and safety techniques to help you stay in the game longer.
To learn more or sign up for your free trail, visit: performance.ochsner.org
Starters (Ages 7-10)
Designed to create the basics for athletic movement. Through proper body mechanics, running technique and bodyweight exercises, starters build confidence in a motivating environment.
- Increased motor development
- Body weight strength
- Core training
- Sprinting technique
- Quickness and reaction
- Injury prevention
- Fun and self-esteem building
Accelerated (Ages 11-14)
Introduces Olympic-style weight lifting, which helps the athlete develop explosive force. The goal of the program is not to have the athletes competing against one another when lifting, but setting and surpassing their individual limits. An increase in strength development will yield positive increases in speed.
- Athletic development
- Basic speed, agility and conditioning development
- Basic plyometric training development
- Basic strength development
Peak (Ages 15-19)
Designed to develop strength, power, speed and agility using Olympic lifts and advanced speed dynamics, similar to a collegiate program.
- Advanced speed, agility and conditioning
- Advanced plyometric training
- Advanced strength training
Designed specifically for athletes on the collegiate level who are looking to supplement their existing regimen with dynamic off-season training.
- Collegiate speed, agility and conditioning
- Collegiate plyometric training
- Collegiate strength training
Elite 1:1 Training
Tailored training designed to meet the demands of college and pro sports. One of our professional coaches will work closely with you to meet your personal goals. Whether you're looking to increase your speed, improve your vertical jump or simply be the best athlete in the game, our 1:1 training can get you there.
Elite Group Training
Take your team training to the next level. This program offers our tailored training approach to your entire group or team. Let us enhance sports specific skills in all your athletes at the same time. Training can be held at our facilities, or we can meet you on your own turf.
For men and women of all ages who are looking to take their bodies to new levels. Whether your goal is muscle toning or weight loss, this full body program will get you there.
- Beginner to advanced speed, agility and conditioning
- Beginner to advanced plyometric training
For men and women of all ages who are looking to increase their muscle mass. Using a combination of body weight exercises and strength equipment, this program will help you reach your desired lean muscle and toning goals.
- Beginner to advanced strength training
If you have personal weight loss or lean muscle goals, we can help you with our adult personal training program. Go at your own pace and reach your desired goals. No matter your age or athletic ability, we can empower your inner-athlete and produce serious results. Our coaches have experience training everyone from young kids to athletes in the NFL, MLS, MLB and beyond.
Whether it’s an intramural sports team or just a group of friends, our 1:1 training approach can also be applied to groups who share common sports performance goals. Training can be held at our facilities, or we can meet you on your own turf.
Our Return to Activity program is for individuals who are recently recovering from an injury. It's designed to restore functional strength and, if needed, enhance sport-specific skills to return to sport activities. Training is supervised by physical therapists and facilitated by sports medicine specialists who specialize in rehabilitation.
- Provide psychological support
- Focus on teaching and retraining movements
- Build strength, flexibility, balance, agility/coordination and endurance
One-on-one sessions with our Mental Performance Coach will help your mind work for you rather than against you. Learn to manage competitive stress, overcome adversity and perform well under pressure. With this personalized approach, you can reach peak performance, both mentally and physically.
- Overcome fear of injury or reinjury
- Resolve fear or anxiety of returning to sport
Team sessions are designed for the entire group to sharpen the mental edge needed in competition. Learning to perform under pressure, improve focus and stay in the present are just a few of the benefits. The Mental Performance Coach works closely with the team to tailor the sessions to fit the team’s needs.
- Learn to trust your body to perform at the highest level
- Approach your sport and/or rehab with confidence
Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) involves immersing the body in a cold chamber with liquid nitrogen, liquid nitrous oxide or argon gas which emits vapors at extremely low temperatures for a few minutes. The change in the body is caused by reduction of tissue temperature which will also cause a reduction in core body temperature. When the body is exposed to such extreme cooling, blood vessels become constricted and reduce the blood flow to the areas of inflammation. When the process is done, the vessels expand and an increase in the presence of anti-inflammatory proteins (IL-10) is found in the blood. This helps decrease exercise-induced inflammation.
- Reduce pain and inflammation, especially from exercise
- Improve joint function
- May support exercise recovery and performance
- Decrease symptoms of eczema and migraine headaches
Normatec Pulse is a dynamic air compression recovery system that increases blood flow to legs, hips or arms. This cutting-edge technology utilizes attachments that inflate to mold your body and deliver compression and muscle massage.
- Pulsing Compression: The Normatec uses a pulsing compression that travels up the leg to mimic the action of muscle pump, ensuring the movement of fluid and metabolites away from the area.
- Gradients: Static compression to prevent backflow of fluid and metabolites once pulsing compression mode has moved to the next bodily treatment zone.
- Distal Release: Extended static pressure can be detrimental to the body’s normal circulatory flow, so the technology releases pressure once backflow prevention is no longer needed. This feature also helps ensure each zone of the limb gets enough rest time in between compression cycles.
- Increased blood flow and circulation
- Decrease in muscle tension and inflammation
- Supports a wider range of motion
- Boost in endorphins
Discover this percussive therapy option that delivers deep muscle treatment with fully customizable settings to help you recover at your own speed.