Test Strips and Coding
As part of the Digital Medicine program,we recommend you use the iHealth device as readings link directly to your care team. See below for FAQs.
What are the tips for proper handling and storage of the iHealth test strips?
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before you open the test strip vial.
- Shake a test strip out into your hand. Try not to touch the end of the strip.
- Use the test strip immediately after you remove it from the vial.
- Don’t expose test strips to direct sunlight or extreme heat.
- Don’t freeze test strips or store them in extreme cold.
- Immediately close the vial after you open it.
- Store test strips in their original vial with the lid securely closed.
- Do note transfer test strips between vials.
Checking Your Blood Glucose
Why is my test result different from results using other glucose meters?
- The iHealth system provides you with the whole blood equivalent result. The result you obtain may differ somewhat from results using other home glucose meters due to normal variation. You can take a control solution test if you suspect the test results are not accurate. Refer to the “Performing a Control Solution Test” section in the manual.
When or how often should a control solution test be performed?
Control solution tests should be performed when…
1. First receiving or purchasing the meter.
2. Checking the meter and test strips, which should be done at least once a week
3. Using a new vial of test strips.
4. You suspect the meter or test strips are not working properly.
5. Your blood glucose test results are not consistent with your expectation, or you think the results are not accurate.
6. Practicing the testing process.
7. The meter has been dropped or damaged.
- If you require additional assistance, please call Ochsner Digital Medicine Technical Support at 504-842-1635.