Comprised of leading health systems, their employed physician groups, and affiliated community physicians across the greater Gulf South, the Ochsner Health Network (OHN) serves as the leader in healthcare delivery innovation and is the largest “super” Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) in the region.
The nearly 2,500 Primary Care and Specialty Care physicians participating in OHN are focused on sharing knowledge, resources, processes and technology to:
- improve quality of healthcare,
- enhance the care delivery model to center around the patient,
- develop better coverage solutions for employers and patients; and to
- improve efficiency thereby reducing the total cost of care.
Through our collaboration, we are making a difference for the nearly 1 million patients we care for statewide every year. We are much stronger when we work in concert to ensure that we and our patients thrive in the new healthcare environment.
OHN Annual Report
OHN’s first all-digital annual report highlights the accomplishments of our physician-led network in 2019. As the region’s largest and most advanced clinically integrated network, and through the power and scale of our contracting engine, we can structure insurance contracts, align payment mechanisms and deliver highly reliable, value-driven care for all of our stakeholders: patients, communities, and providers.
In 2019, OHN and Ochsner Accountable Care Network:
- Cared for nearly half-million patient lives
- Achieved optimal performance scores in diabetes, vascular disease, pharmacy, chronic kidney disease and hypertension management
- Generated $24 million in shared savings
- Distributed $22 million in provider incentives
Also included are testimonials and success stories from providers who are leveraging our population health tools, technology and metrics to help reverse long-standing industry barriers that have plagued our traditional healthcare delivery system for decades.
Ochsner Health Network and Walmart Team Up to Improve Quality and Reduce Healthcare Costs
“Walmart and Ochsner Health Network came together with the common goal of reducing healthcare costs, while focusing on improved quality and patient experience. Walmart associates now have a plan that simplifies copays, coordinates care and provides access to thousands of providers in dozens of locations.” - David Carmouche, MD, President, Ochsner Health Network
The Benefits of OHN
- For Patients – Patients have confidence when choosing a physician in the Ochsner Health Network because they know that they have the strength of collaboration behind them balanced with a keen focus on their local community. Patients also know that OHN physicians must adhere to stringent quality and performance metrics, ensuring they receive the highest quality care available. Read more.
- For Physicians - OHN is a physician-led network that improves population health care through collaboration, evidence based clinical protocols, and delivery of powerful analytics insights. Our payor partnerships offer value based contracting and high performance network product participation. If you would like to inquire about becoming a member of OHN, please email: OHNAdmin@Ochsner.org.
- For Employers - Through the strength of its physicians and leading health systems, Ochsner offers lower-cost, higher-quality employee health plan options through its integrated care network of OHN. Read more.
Today and in the future, the physicians participating in the Ochsner Health Network will collaborate to save and change more lives in communities across the Greater Gulf South, fueled by the passion and strength of a broad, diversified team.
Through collaboration and the sharing of knowledge, resources, processes and technology, we will find innovative ways to deliver a higher level of care, lower overall health care costs and improve access across the Greater Gulf South through better coverage solutions and a patient-centered care model.