Since 1944, Academics have been an integral component of the Ochsner mission. The Division of Academics fosters the energy and commitment across the Ochsner System to Education and Innovate with the primary focus to deliver the highest quality of care to the communities Ochsner serves. The development of the Center for Academic Excellence is the physical representation of the long-history and commitment to Ochsner Academics.
The Center for Academic Excellence houses the University of Queensland, Ochsner Clinical School, the Ochsner Clinical Simulation and Patient Safety Center, and the Division of Academics Administrative and Support Services to include:
Division of Academics - Education
- The University of Queensland, Ochsner Clinical School
- Department of Undergraduate Medical Education
- Department of Graduate Medical Education
- Department of Continuing Medical Education
- The Ochsner Clinical Simulation and Patient Safety Center
- Department of Publishing Services
- Department of Medical Illustrations
Division of Academics - Research
- The Office of Research Support
- The Office of Human Research Protection Program.
- Ochsner Health System Institutional Review Board
- Office of Sponsored Programs and Grants Development
- The Institute for Clinical Research
- Center for Applied Health Services Research
- Center for Nursing Research
- Academic Community Outreach
The mission of Education at Ochsner is to Educate and train a health professional workforce that is prepared to provide safe and efficient care in an evolving health care delivery system. The vision of the Division of Academics – Education is to be known regionally, nationally, and internationally as the prototype integrated academic health system, delivering education that prepares clinicians to provide care that is error free, integrated, coordinated, affordable and of the highest quality.
The Division of Academics – Research encompasses the complete continuum of discovery and innovation. From pre-clinical laboratory research, the objective of which is to better understand the underlying causes of human diseases with the ultimate goal of translating this knowledge into clinical practice; to clinical trials that provide our patients access to most advanced and cutting-edge clinical care; to health services research that focuses on discovering, implementing, and evaluating interventions in order to reduce the cost of care and to improve quality of care, health outcomes, and the overall patient care experience. To support translational, clinical and applied health services research, Ochsner has fully functional Office of Sponsored Programs, Office of Grants Development, Institute of Clinical Research, Institute of Translational Research, Center for Applied Health Services Research, and Center for Nursing Research.