From the injured athlete anxious to get back on the field to the grandmother who fractured her hip to the little boy who broke his arm falling out of a tree, the Ochsner Department of Orthopedics is here with compassionate, leading-edge care. If you have a bone fracture or are just tired of living with joint or nerve pain, you owe it to yourself to make an appointment with an Ochsner orthopedist.
Why Ochsner for Orthopedics?
With more than 20 highly trained orthopedic surgeons, a team of experienced advanced practice clinicians and the latest surgical and rehabilitation equipment, Ochsner provides the highest level of specialized care in the Gulf South.
- Joint Replacement – Our team is experienced in all major joint replacement techniques, including minimally invasive robotically assisted MAKO surgeries.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Program – We offer patients with both congenital and acquired orthopedic conditions convenient access to innovative procedures not available anywhere else in the region.
- Orthopedic Oncology (Bone Cancer) – Ochsner is home to one of the only orthopedic oncology surgeons in Louisiana. We treat primary malignant tumors with the most advanced surgical and limb-sparing techniques available.
- Sports Medicine Institute – Our team treats a full spectrum of patients using the latest imaging technology and a comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation program.
Our fellowship trained board-certified physicians have deep expertise in these conditions as well as trauma, foot and ankle, wrist, elbow and shoulder ailments. From a dedicated Back and Spine Center to a Hand Center to a Fracture Care Clinic for patients with osteoporosis, Ochsner has the specialty care you’re looking for. What’s more, because we provide treatment for the most challenging cases, we are the premier referral center for orthopedic care in the Gulf South.
How to Refer a Patient
To initiate a patient transfer with a physician 24/7, contact the Regional Referral Center at 855-OHS-LINK (855-647-5465).
- Our program was rated High Performing for Hip Replacement and Knee Replacement, and Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017.
- Ochsner received Five-Stars for Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement from Healthgrades. We also received of the Excellence Award for Joint Replacement for 2017.
- Ochsner was ranked in the Top 10% in the Nation for Medical Excellence in Joint Replacement by CareChex.
There’s an Ochsner Orthopedist in Your Neighborhood
General and specialized orthopedic care is available at Ochsner locations in southeast Louisiana and south Mississippi: New Orleans, Uptown, Elmwood, Kenner, Slidell, Covington, West Bank, Baton Rouge, Hammond and Bay St. Louis. To find an orthopedist who specializes in specific conditions, call 866-624-7637.