The New MyOchsner App Has Launched!
With the new MyOchsner app, we make it easier than ever before to stay connected and manage your health. Schedule appointments, meet physicians and providers, view test results, reach our 24/7 on-call nurse and so much more with just a click of a button!
New to MyOchsner? Get started today:
- Download the MyOchsner app from the Apple® App Store or Google Play for Android phones.
- Click on “Log in to your account”.
- Click on “Sign up” to access your Ochsner Health medical record.
- Answer a series of questions to securely create your username and password. (You will need to sign-up using the same information you use at your appointments – name, date of birth and address.)
Already an existing MyOchsner user?
With the new app, you will have access to all the things you love and more! When you download the NEW MyOchsner app, your username and password will remain the same and all of your information will be available. You will be able to set up a unique pin number, finger print and facial recognition from the log-in screen or in your account settings, making the next time you log in easier than ever before.
To prevent receiving notifications from both MyChart and the new MyOchsner app:
• If you’re using MyChart to manage care only at Ochsner, simply delete the MyChart app from your mobile device.
• If you plan to keep the MyChart app, we recommend that you remove Ochsner Health as an organization. Open the MyChart app and select ‘Switch Organizations’ and then delete Ochsner Health. Any other organizations you have will remain
Virtual Visits through MyOchsner
For several types of appointments, your provider may be able to see you virtually in a visit through MyOchsner.
What is a Virtual Visit?
A virtual visit is a secure video appointment with your provider via your smartphone, tablet, laptop and/or desktop computer. This allows patients to conduct a traditional office visit with their provider electronically through the MyOchsner app or website portal without leaving home or work.
Convenient primary and specialty care virtual visits are available. Review frequently asked questions for virtual visits:
How much is a Virtual Visit?
The patient’s insurance will be billed for the virtual visit. Contact your insurance provider for covered benefits.
What are the technical requirements for a Virtual Visit?
- You must have a smartphone, mobile tablet, laptop and/or desktop computer.
- Microphone and webcam capabilities on your device
- If using a mobile phone or tablet, you will need:
- If you do not plan to be at home during your virtual visit, we recommend finding a private, quiet spot for your appointment. Avoid conducting your visit in your vehicle, especially while driving. A car may not be appropriate for your type of visit, as your provider may need you to move or adjust position during your visit.
For information on Ochsner Anywhere Care urgent care and behavioral health virtual visits, click here.
Learn more about the MyOchsner online health portal and all of its features in this video.
To make a payment online, without logging into your account, click here.
Receive exclusive access to more appointment times through online appointment scheduling through the MyOchsner patient portal. This means that you can conveniently schedule your next appointment yourself by following these simple steps:
- Log in to your MyOchsner account at my.ochsner.org or log in to the MyOchsner application on your phone.
- Select Schedule An Appointment link under Appointments
- Choose a reason for your visit or select provider first
- Verify your address and insurance
- Choose a location
- Enter date and preferences
- Select the appointment that is most convenient for you
- Confirm your appointment
ePre-Check and Mobile Check-in
Many Ochsner locations are now offering ePre-Check and mobile check-in on the MyOchsner app. These offerings allow you to skip the registration desk and the waiting room and wait in your car for your appointment!
If you currently have a MyOchsner account, you will automatically have access to MyOchsner Now during a hospital stay at Ochsner. This view will enable you to view real time medical information including your hospital schedule, care team, scheduled medications and assigned education topics. Learn more about MyOchsner Now.
Your loved ones who have proxy access to your account will be able to see this information also. If you want to be prepared for your upcoming admission, make sure you grant proxy access to your account.
Linking Your Medical Records in MyOchsner
Have a MyChart account at a different hospital? Linking your MyOchsner accounts will ensure that your care team can understand your whole health picture and will reduce inefficiencies such as duplicate tests.
You can easily link your account with MyOchsner to see your medical records from multiple hospitals in one unified view by:
- Log in to our MyOchsner account
- Search “Link” from the menu, select the Link My Accounts activity
- Organizations you’ve visited recently will appear, or you can use the search bar to find a different one
- Click “Link Account” and answer the verification question
- The accounts will now be linked, so you can see test results, appointments, etc. from multiple hospitals throughout your MyOchsner account
For MyOchsner patient support, contact us:
- By email at MyOchsner@ochsner.org
- By phone at 1-877-339-2637