Virtual Visits through MyOchsner
For several types of appointments, your provider may be able to see you virtually in a visit through MyOchsner.
What is a Virtual Visit?
A virtual visit is a secure video appointment with your provider via your smartphone, tablet, laptop and/or desktop computer. This allows patients to conduct a traditional office visit with their provider electronically through the MyChart app or website portal without leaving home or work.
Convenient primary and specialty care virtual visits are available. Review frequently asked questions for virtual visits:
How much is a Virtual Visit?
The patient’s insurance will be billed for the virtual visit. Contact your insurance provider for covered benefits.
What are the technical requirements for a Virtual Visit?
- You must have a smartphone, mobile tablet, laptop and/or desktop computer.
- Microphone and webcam capabilities on your device
- If using a mobile phone or tablet, you will need:
- iOS or Android operating system
- The MyChart app installed and Ochsner Health selected as your healthcare provider
- You can find the MyChart app in the App Store (iPhone) and Google Play Store (Android).
- If you do not plan to be at home during your virtual visit, we recommend finding a private, quiet spot for your appointment. Avoid conducting your visit in your vehicle, especially while driving. A car may not be appropriate for your type of visit, as your provider may need you to move or adjust position during your visit.
For information on Ochsner Anywhere Care urgent care and behavioral health virtual visits, click here.
Download the MyChart mobile application to check your test results, request prescription refills on medications, view immunizations, schedule appointments, message with your provider 24/7 and more -- all from your mobile device!
After you download and install the MyChart mobile application, choose Ochsner Health as your care provider.
Learn more about the MyOchsner online health portal and all of its features in this video.
To make a payment online, without logging into your account, click here.
Receive exclusive access to more appointment times through online appointment scheduling through the MyOchsner patient portal. This means that you can conveniently schedule your next appointment yourself by following these simple steps:
- Log in to your MyOchsner account at my.ochsner.org or log in to the MyChart application on your phone.
- Select Schedule An Appointment link under Appointments
- Choose a reason for your visit or select provider first
- Verify your address and insurance
- Choose a location
- Enter date and preferences
- Select the appointment that is most convenient for you
- Confirm your appointment
ePre-Check and Mobile Check-in
Many Ochsner locations are now offering ePre-Check and mobile check-in on the MyChart app. These offerings allow you to skip the registration desk and the waiting room and wait in your car for your appointment!
Linking Your Medical Records in MyChart
Have a MyChart account at a different hospital? Linking your MyChart accounts will ensure that your care team can understand your whole health picture and will reduce inefficiencies such as duplicate tests.
You can easily link your account with MyOchsner to see your medical records from multiple hospitals in one unified view by:
- Log in to our MyOchsner account
- Search “Link” from the menu, select the Link My Accounts activity
- Organizations you’ve visited recently will appear, or you can use the search bar to find a different one
- Click “Link Account” and answer the verification question
- The accounts will now be linked, so you can see test results, appointments, etc. from multiple hospitals throughout your MyOchsner account
For MyOchsner patient support, contact us:
- By email at MyOchsner@ochsner.org
- By phone at 1-877-339-2637