Why Choose Ochsner for Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Services?
Finding the right kind of help for an emotional problem may be difficult and confusing. There are so many mental health providers available, which one is right for you? How might you begin to explain all the things that are bothering you?
Ochsner recognizes the relationship between mental health and total well-being. For decades, it has applied excellence and innovation to patient care, as well as research and education to the delivery of psychiatry and behavioral health services. We offer several psychiatric services and specialty treatment programs unmatched by other mental health hospitals and providers. Depending upon the nature of a patient's problem, Ochsner provides treatment options ranging from short-term outpatient counseling or group therapy—including in-person and virtual visits to hospital inpatient or day programs. Whether you are seeking help for depression, anxiety, a failing relationship, emotional effects of a medical illness or life change or an addictive disorder, Ochsner’s team of specialists may help you sort through your pain and confusion.
Our team includes:
- Adult, child and adolescent, geriatric psychiatrists
- Clinical psychologists
- Medical psychologists
- Psychiatric nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Licensed clinical social workers
Our team offers:
- Adult behavioral health services
- Child and adolescent behavioral health services
- Geriatric psychiatry services
- Medical psychiatry
- Behavioral pediatrics
- Acute psychiatry services (inpatient hospitalization)
- The Ochsner Mental Wellness Program
- The Ochsner Recovery Program