Why choose St. Charles Parish Hospital?
Located in Luling, Louisiana, just 20 minutes from New Orleans, St. Charles Parish Hospital is a 59-bed facility equipped to care for critically ill patients. Since 1959, St. Charles Parish Hospital has been providing quality healthcare to the residents of this community and the surrounding areas and is proud to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. St. Charles Parish Hospital earned an ‘A’ hospital safety grade in the fall of 2021 and was again awarded an 'A' rating in the spring of 2022 by The Leapfrog Group, a designation that recognizes efforts in protecting patients from harm and meeting the highest safety standards in the United States.
With seven state-of-the-art ambulances, our staff of paramedics and emergency medical technicians provide emergency response, services and transport when you need care the most.
When seeking quality healthcare, you don’t have to look far. St. Charles Parish Hospital is positioned to accommodate residents on both sides of the Mississippi River and is only minutes from Kenner and the surrounding area. This partnership with Ochsner established the sharing of best medical practices and the implementation of advanced technology resulting in improved quality and expanded access of services offered to our patients.
Awards and Accolades
- Ochsner Health named a 2022 Top Workplace by New Orleans Top Workplaces
- 2021-2022 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- This award recognizes St. Charles Parish Hospital's commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
At St. Charles Parish Hospital, we value your opinions and strive to do everything possible to meet your expectations related to your healthcare needs. Our goal is to continuously improve our services and your feedback is an important part of that process.
For more information about our hospital, or to schedule an appointment, call us at 985-758-6242.
You may write to us at:
St. Charles Parish Hospital
P.O. Box 87, Luling, LA 70070
Our Services Include:
- Primary care
- Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- General Surgery
- Behavioral health
- Emergency services
- Intensive care
- Outpatient Imaging (MRI, mammography, sonography, bone density)
- Optometry and ophthalmology
- Pain management
- Performance training
- Occupational, speech and physical health/therapy
- Smoking cessation
Outpatient Lab Hours
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Therapy & Wellness
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Main Line/Patient Information: 985-785-6242
- Administration: 985-785-3706
- Blood Donations: 985-785-5646
- Cardiology: 985-785-5645
- Food/Nutrition Services: 985-785-3677
- Gift Shop: 985-785-4257
- Human Resources: 985-785-4240
- Health Information Management (Medical Records)/Release of Information: 985-785-3652
- Menu Hotline: 985-785-4286
- Patient Appointment Scheduling: 985-785-4297
- Patient and Provider Advocacy: 1-844-959-HEAR(4327)
- Radiology: 985-785-3622
- Rehabilitation Services: 985-785-3684
- Respiratory Therapy: 985-785-3678
- Volunteer Services: 985-785-4258
- East Bank Medical Offices
105 Plantation Rd. Destrehan, LA 70047
Visitors may include adults and children, over the age of 10, and should be limited to two visitors per patient. All children must be accompanied by an adult. All visitors are expected to adhere to hospital policies. Visitors are reminded to be sensitive to the needs of our patients by conducting themselves in a quiet, polite and courteous manner.
Hours of Visitation:
8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
We currently allow two visitors at a time in our ICU.
9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
12:30 p.m. - 1 p.m.
4:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
8 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
We currently allow one visitor per patient in our emergency department.
We currently allow two visitors at a time in our psychiatry unit.
4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Lagniappe Gifts and Goodies Gift Shop
The Lagniappe Gifts and Goodies Gift Shop is a well-stocked gift shop with all the latest trends and special gifts. We are committed to excellence by offering beautiful merchandise.
The revenue generated by the gift shop is used to support patient related projects throughout the hospital.
The Lagniappe Gifts and Goodies Gift Shop is located on the 1st floor and to the left of The Oyster’s Pearl Cafeteria.
The gift shop is open Tuesday, Thursday and every other Friday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. You can also call the gift shop at 985-785-4257.
The gift shop is managed by Donna Palahang, our Volunteer Services Director, and staffed by our auxiliary volunteers.
We offer free gift wrap, and the gift shop will even deliver your gift to a patient's room if you are unable to come to the hospital.
Gifts for Patients & Visitors
- Get well stuffed animals
- Picture frames
- Seasonal flags
- Fashionable purses
- Home décor
- Home fragrance
- Inspirational items
Gifts for Baby/Children
- Stuffed animals
- Picture frames
The Lagniappe Gifts and Goodies Gift Shop offers visitors and patients reasonable prices and great sales throughout the year.