Modified Visitor Policy
Updated September 5, 2021
Due to current conditions and for safety precautions, we have updated our visitor policy:
- Emergency room and urgent care patients: One visitor for adults and two for minors.
- Patients in clinics and procedural/surgical areas: One support person for adults and two for minors.
- COVID-19 negative inpatients: One visitor at a time for adults and two for minors (including NICU). Hours are 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- COVID-19 positive inpatients: One visitor per day and visitors must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
- Laboring mothers: Two support persons at a time.
- Palliative/comfort care: Family may visit together 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. and one person may remain overnight.
- End of life care: Family may visit together and be present 24/7.
- Adults with mental impairment: One support person present 24/7.
Due to the rise of COVID cases and spread of COVID, there may be changes made without notice to our visitor policies.
Your health is our priority. In order to protect the health of our communities, and as a safety precaution to prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19, we have instituted visitor restrictions in accordance with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In addition, some hospital access points will be consolidated on our campuses.
Thank you for choosing Ochsner Health for your care. Our goal is to provide you with respectful, compassionate, quality care.
“Being a not-for-profit organization allows us to reinvest in the organization, focus on our patients’ needs, and continue our commitment to the community,” explains Warner Thomas, President and CEO, Ochsner Health. At the heart of Ochsner Health is an unshakable commitment to putting the needs of all patients first.
Ochsner Health continues its commitment to making an ongoing difference in the health of our communities.
What to Expect
The Patient & Visitors pages of Ochsner.org includes information to help you know what to expect, your patient rights and insurance guidelines along with financial/billing questions you might have prior to and/or during your stay at Ochsner.