Family Advisory Board
The Family Advisory Board seeks to enhance the delivery of healthcare at Ochsner Health System by providing a vehicle of communications that binds patients and their families with the entire staff. Furthermore, it's the goal of the Family Advisory Board to continue the belief of Dr. Alton Ochsner, one of our founders, that at Ochsner, "the patient and patients' family come first."
The Family Advisory Board is...
- Creating an effective mechanism for receiving family input
- Developing strategies to assist Ochsner in planning services more efficiently to meet the needs of families
- Promoting respectful, effective partnerships between families and professionals
- Improving understanding and cooperation between families, patients and staff
- Exploring creative, cost-effective solutions to problems and challenges faced by Ochsner
If you are a patient or family member interested in serving on our Family Advisory Board, please call 504-842-5085 or complete an application.
Who can become a Member?
Membership consists of a small group of diverse adult volunteers with direct experience to Ochsner Health System including:
- Family Members/Caregivers
- Ochsner Employees
- Ochsner Volunteers
Benefits of Member Involvement
By serving as a Family Advisory Board member, you will be integrally involved in:
- Providing input and feedback about our services and support systems
- Work toward process improvement in "patient-centered" environment
- Facilitate in increased understanding, education and communication between families and Ochsner team
- Promote respectful and effective partnerships
- Increase awareness and promotion of Ochsner services throughout the community
Criteria for Family Advisory Board Member
- Must be a regular Ochsner patient or a caregiver whose relative is/was a recent Ochsner patient
- Attendance to monthly meetings is requested/required
- Willing to serve and participate
- Representation from diverse backgrounds
When does the Family Advisory Board meet?
Meetings are held the 4th Wednesday of each month in one of the Brent House conference rooms at Ochsner Medical Center.
- The duration of the meetings are approximately 1.5 hours
- Refreshments are served
- A meeting schedule will be disseminated at the beginning of the year
If you are interested in serving on the Family Advisory Board or have additional questions, please call 504-842-5085 or email email@example.com.
"From February 2005 to January 2006, Bill spent between five and six months as a patient at Ochsner.
During that time, the entire Ochsner team provided exceptional care to not only Bill as a patient, but also to Cindy and the entire family. The physicians, nursing staff, support staff, VAD coordinators, social workers and the entire Heart Transplant team were always available for questions and support. They made what was an extremely trying and difficult time much more bearable.
We feel an obligation to Ochsner to assist them in their mission. This institution was established to provide world-class healthcare with an emphasis on the patient and their family. It is an honor to be allowed to serve on this board to ensure that the interaction between the hospital and the patients and their families is as pleasant an experience as possible.
We hope to serve Ochsner for many years to come."
-- Bill and Cindy Broussard