Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:00 PM Update
We understand you may be experiencing financial hardships at this time due to business closures and shelter in place orders statewide. In our effort to maintain our commitment to putting Patients First, we have implemented the following changes to our normal billing and collection practices for all patients during the COVID-19 crisis:
- We will continue to send statements via mail and email on the normal schedule
- We ceased all outbound collection calls
- Our Medicaid Eligibility Representatives are still here to help you! Please call 504-708-5521 and we can assist you by phone with questions regarding Medicaid eligibility and pending Medicaid Applications. To begin the Medicaid application process, please visit the Medicaid website at mymedicaid.la.gov or call their customer service line at 1-888-342-6207.
- For patients currently on a 6 month or longer payment plan who are impacted by COVID-19, please contact our vendor ClearBalance to request an extension. For payment plans less than 6 months, please contact us at 504-842-4190.
- For patients needing financial assistance as a result of COVID-19, please call 504-842-4190 to speak to one of our representatives or send us a request through MyOchsner.
Billings & Collections
Due to recent financial challenges encountered due to COVID-19, we are temporarily suspending early out and bad debt calls and from assigning accounts to our bad debt vendor effective March 17, 2020. We will resume our normal guarantor follow-up practices as soon as we receive confirmation from our system executive team.
COVID-19 Testing Cost
The cash pay price for the COVID-19 test at Ochsner is $48.10. Please note the state of Louisiana has allocated funding to cover the test for uninsured patients so we anticipate the cost to be covered by the state of Louisiana.
If you have any questions, please contact our central pricing office at 504-703-2773 or 1-855-241-9351.
You can also contact us at 504-708-5521 to get more information about applying for Medicaid coverage.
We know that hospital and physician bills along with health insurance claims can be confusing. Additional information about the billing and financial services at Ochsner is provided in this section of our website to help you better understand our patient billing process and to answer some of the most frequently asked questions we receive.
Billing Quick Links
|Pay Your Bill||Financial Resource Center|
|Billing Process||Provider-based Billing|
|Billing FAQs||Billing Estimates|
|Insurance Payment Process||Financial Assistance|
Understanding Your Insurance
Baffled by premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums? We know that medical bills and health insurance claims can be confusing.
Watch an overview of how health insurance works.
If you have specific questions about your statement, call Ochsner's Patient Account Customer Service Department Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
To contact us in writing:
Ochsner Health Patient Financial Services
1514 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70121
To contact us by telephone:
Toll Free: 1-800-343-0269
To contact us by email: email@example.com
Patients, please bring your insurance card(s) and ID with you to each appointment. It is important to have your correct insurance information on file to help us correctly bill your insurance.