St. Bernard Parish Hospital is owned by the Hospital Service District of the Parish of St. Bernard, State of Louisiana, a political subdivision of the State, and managed by Ochsner Health System.
In September 2012, St. Bernard Parish Hospital opened to provide quality and cost-effective healthcare services for the residents of St. Bernard Parish.
The Heart and Soul of Healthcare in Our Community
- 100 Doctors: Find A Doctor
- 40 Private Rooms
- Full Diagnostic Imaging Capability
- 24,000 Annual ER Visits with a 10-bed Emergency Department: Check ER Wait Times
Why Choose Us?
To experience quality healthcare in a beautiful, state-of-the-art facility minutes from your doorstep.
Personal Convenient Care
- As part of your community we welcome each patient and offer a caring environment.
- Our advanced technology gives your physician quick access to your test results to advance your care.
All Private Rooms
- A unique feature of our hospital, offering patients comfort and privacy.
- From our imaging department to surgery to cardiopulmonary services, our hospital offers patients state-of-the-art technology for the best results.
- All of our primary care physicians and specialists are welcoming new patients.
Joint Commission Accredited
- Our accreditation shows that our hospital ranks with the top hospitals in the country. We adhere to national standards.
- Our hospital meets the national standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The hospital’s Imaging Department received a “Facility of Excellence” Award by the Penrad Corporation. All of our physicians are accredited in their specialties and many of our nurses have been recognized in the Great 100 Nurses of New Orleans. Our standards, staff and physicians provide total quality care.
- We designed each patient room and each hospital department and service for the way healthcare is practiced in the 21st Century. We are an all private room facility which offers maximum comfort to patients and their family members. In addition, our staff is focused on patient needs and offers the hospitality you would expect in a five-star hotel.
- Our patient satisfaction scores are consistently high in national ratings. Our quality standards and highly credentialed physicians and staff produce excellent results.
Diabetes Support Group
Support group is FREE and open to anyone with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, their family members and friends. Join us in Conference Center Side A at Ochsner St. Bernard from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information or to register, call 504-354-3039.
|June 20||Healthy Cooking with Diabetes Presented by Cafe Aquarius|
|July 18||Preparing for Storm Season|
|August 15||Cool Down with Summer Treats/Get Up and Move|
|September 19||What's in Your Cart? Supermarket Sweep (meet in conference room then drive to Breaux Mart)|
|October 17||Fall into Good Health /Walk in Torres Park (meet in conference room then drive to Torres Park)|
|November 21||Conquer Flu Season/Vaccination Updates|
|December 19||Holiday Cooking/New Year's Resolutions|
Weight Loss Seminar
Learn more about the surgical weight loss program offered by Dr. Thomas Delahoussaye at Ochsner St. Bernard. Hear from a physician or physician assistant, RN and dietitian. You’ll also have a chance to speak directly with the experts during a Q&A session.
Our free seminars occur every third Tuesday each month in MOB Conference Room B from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
It's recommended for all patients to attend a seminar before booking an appointment for a consultation.
To register, call 504-493-2200.