Physical Therapy & Dance - 10 Helpful Tips
Rehabilitation: Adults & Physical Therapy
Rehabilitation: Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
Vestibular System and Proprioception: The Two Unknown Senses
Rehabilitation: Infants, Children and Adolescents
Occupational Therapy Turns 100!
Who Should See a Sports Medicine Specialist?
Lightening the Load: Backpack Safety
Sleep Better & Feel Better In The New Year
Why Have Your Next Mammogram in 3D?
A Stage 1 Diagnosis Abroad - Tod Thedy's Story
3 Ways to Not Waste Your 2018 Health Insurance
What is a Virtual Visit?
There’s Been a Salmonella Outbreak. Now What?
8 Ways to Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Ochsner physical therapy team uses innovative techniques and leading- edge equipment to help patients of all ages move forward, not backwards. With a therapy plan created specifically for you, we’ll work to reduce pain and restore mobility. Your goal is our goal – whether your objective is to get back to school, return to work, or maintain your independence.
Need a Physician Referral?
What We Do
At Ochsner, our physical therapists will:
- Educate you about your condition
- Teach you stretching exercises to improve your flexibility and reduce the stress on your joints
- Take you through exercises to strengthen your muscles and improve your balance and coordination
- Discuss injury prevention and pain management strategies
- Provide you with exercises to do at home
You may also receive manual therapy to reduce your pain and improve your range of motion.
We provide the following treatments:
- Functional exercise
- Ergonomic training
- Manual therapy
- Return to sports rehab
- Dry needling
- Electrical stimulation
- Heat and/or cold therapy
- Aquatic physical therapy
Conditions We Treat:
- Ankle pain
- Arthritis pain
- Automobile injuries
- Back pain (lower back pain, upper back pain, sciatic pain)
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Elbow pain
- Foot pain
- Hand trauma
- Heel pain
- Hip pain
- Joint injuries
- Knee pain
- Leg muscle injuries
- Muscle injuries (sprains and strains)
- Neck pain (stiff neck)
- Orthopedic injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Poor balance
- Plantar fasciitis
- Pre and post-surgical conditions
- Pregnancy issues
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Shoulder pain and injuries
- Sports injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Wrist pain