Pizza Muffins (Recipe)
RSV Season: What to Know
Spook-Free Safety Tips for Halloween
Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease Prevention
Coverage is Key with Infants and Sunscreen
Running Safety for Children
Tips for Families Preparing for a Fun Run
Prevention through Vaccines is Key for Children
Choosing a Pediatrician
Vaccines: How to Keep Your Child’s Shots on Track
Is it “Just” a Cough or Something More Serious?
Gluten-Free: A Choice or a Diagnosis?
Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Room?
3 Add-Ins to Slash Carbs and Calories from Dips
Top Picks for Breakfast Cereals
What is Container Baby Syndrome?
At Ochsner Hospital for Children, the only thing tougher than the problems we treat are the kids themselves. We offer a level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana for everything from well-child check-ups and immunizations to cancer care and heart transplants. Our capabilities are more advanced than any other children’s hospital in New Orleans.
Why Ochsner for Pediatric Care?
For the second year in a row, Ochsner Hospital for Children has been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the country for pediatric gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery specialties by U.S. News and World Report. It is the only hospital in Louisiana and Mississippi to be recognized.
And, as part of Ochsner Health System, the leading health system in the Gulf South, we have received national recognition for clinical quality and patient safety.
Ochsner Hospital for Children Is More Than Just One Hospital
- 113-bed children's hospital within a hospital
- 54-bed Level IV Regional NICU, the highest level available in Louisiana
- 14-bed Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, the highest level available
- 12-bed Pediatric CVICU, the only unit of its kind in the Gulf South
- 33-bed Pediatric Acute Care unit
- Conveniently located on the Ochsner Medical Center campus on Jefferson Highway
- A special Pediatric ER (Emergency Room)
- 14 locations throughout Louisiana providing pediatric services
- New Orleans
- River Ridge
- McComb, MS
- Jackson, MS
- More than 120 pediatric physicians, all trained and experienced in health problems specific to children, from birth through adolescence. Find a pediatrician.
- Advanced specialty care in 30 pediatric specialties and sub-specialties. This is the place to find specialists including: a pediatric gastroenterologist, a pediatric oncologist, a pediatric cardiologist, a pediatric pulmonologist, a pediatric urologist, a pediatric neurologist and more
Our Pediatric Firsts
- First and only children’s hospital in the Gulf South to perform pediatric heart transplants and pediatric liver transplants
- Fourth hospital in the country to have Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), a treatment that uses a pump to circulate blood through an artificial lung before being returned to the blood stream.
- First and only hospital in the Gulf South to perform in-utero surgery
- First to perform valve replacement surgery
- A state-of-the-art center for child development
- Coming in 2018, The Michael R. Boh Center for Child Development will offer personalized, family-centered patient care in one location. Our care team will work together to evaluate, diagnose and create individualized treatment plans for children with neuro-muscular or physical disabilities as well as neuro-cognitive, behavioral and communication related conditions.
At Ochsner, we pride ourselves on getting not only the big things right, but on doing the little things well. Things like:
- Scheduling multiple appointments on the same day so you miss less school or work
- Getting test results to the right doctor ahead of your appointment time
- Not making our patients and their families wait for appointments
We respect your time and do everything we can to make your healthcare experience go as smoothly as possible.
When you communicate with our team through MyOchsner, you can expect to get an answer back quickly -- within an hour, in most cases.
Ochsner On Call
Not sure if you need the ER or a doctor’s visit? Call Ochsner On Call for assistance after hours. Specially trained registered nurses and physicians are available to discuss your concerns and help you decide if your child's symptoms require a trip to our Pediatric ER or a visit with a physician.
Call 504-842-3155 or toll free 1-800-231-5257.
When you child is an Ochsner patient, you can use MyOchsner, a secure online tool that will connect you to your child’s physicians, healthcare team, and secure medical records. Using the convenient MyOchsner website or app, you can:
- Email your doctor
- Make and change appointments
- Request prescription refills
- Print immunization and medical records for school and camps
- Check your test results
- Host an Event for Ochsner Hospital for Children
- Staying at Ochsner
- Immunization schedule - English
- Immunization schedule - Spanish
- Insurance Accepted
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Medline Plus
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Pediatric ER
- Follow Ochsner Hospital for Children on Facebook