At Ochsner Hospital for Children, the only thing tougher than the problems we treat are the kids themselves. We offer a level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana for everything from well-child check-ups and immunizations to cancer care and heart transplants. Our capabilities are more advanced than any other children’s hospital in New Orleans.
Why Ochsner for Pediatric Care?
For the fourth year in a row, Ochsner Hospital for Children has been ranked among the Top 50 Children’s Hospitals in the country for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery specialties by U.S. News and World Report. Ochsner Hospital for Children is Louisiana's only ranked children's hospital.
And, as part of Ochsner Health, the leading health system in the Gulf South, we have received national recognition for clinical quality and patient safety.
Ochsner Hospital for Children Is More Than Just One Hospital
- 125-bed children's hospital within a hospital
- Conveniently located on the Ochsner Medical Center campus on Jefferson Highway
- A special Pediatric ER (Emergency Room)
- Boh Center: The Michael R. Boh Center for Child Development is dedicated to improving the lives of children and adolescents with developmental disorders
- 15 locations throughout Louisiana providing pediatric services both virtually and in person
- New Orleans
- Baton Rouge
- River Ridge
- McComb, MS
- Jackson, MS
- More than 140 pediatric physicians, all trained and experienced in health problems specific to children, from birth through adolescence. Find a pediatrician.
- Advanced specialty care in 30 pediatric specialties and sub-specialties. This is the place to find specialists including: a pediatric gastroenterologist, a pediatric oncologist, a pediatric cardiologist, a pediatric pulmonologist, a pediatric urologist, a pediatric neurologist and more.
- Quality care with elite level outcomes: Our Congenital Heart Disease program had a 100% survival rate in 2018. Learn more about our patients' high survival rates.
Our Pediatric Firsts
- First and only children’s hospital in the Gulf South to perform pediatric heart transplants and pediatric liver transplants
- Fourth hospital in the country to have Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), a treatment that uses a pump to circulate blood through an artificial lung before being returned to the blood stream.
- First and only hospital in the Gulf South to perform in-utero surgery
- First to perform valve replacement surgery
- A state-of-the-art center for child development
- Opened in 2018, The Michael R. Boh Center for Child Development offers personalized, family-centered patient care in one location. Our care team works together to evaluate, diagnose and create individualized treatment plans for children with neuro-muscular or physical disabilities as well as neuro-cognitive, behavioral and communication related conditions.
At Ochsner, we pride ourselves on getting not only the big things right, but on doing the little things well. Things like:
- Scheduling multiple appointments on the same day so you miss less school or work
- Getting test results to the right doctor ahead of your appointment time
- Not making our patients and their families wait for appointments
We respect your time and do everything we can to make your healthcare experience go as smoothly as possible.
When you communicate with our team through MyOchsner, you can expect to get an answer back quickly -- within an hour, in most cases.
Ochsner On Call
Not sure if you need the ER or a doctor’s visit? Call Ochsner On Call for assistance after hours. Specially trained registered nurses and physicians are available to discuss your concerns and help you decide if your child's symptoms require a trip to our Pediatric ER or a visit with a physician.
Call 504-842-3155 or toll free 1-800-231-5257.
When you child is an Ochsner patient, you can use MyOchsner, a secure online tool that will connect you to your child’s physicians, healthcare team, and secure medical records. Using the convenient MyOchsner website or app, you can:
- Email your doctor
- Make and change appointments
- Request prescription refills
- Print immunization and medical records for school and camps
- Check your test results
Connecting to care online has never been easier. You can now schedule virtual visits through your MyOchsner portal to meet with your physician for various issues that do not require an in-person visit. Review frequently asked questions for Pediatrics virtual visits.
- Host an Event for Ochsner Hospital for Children
- Staying at Ochsner
- Immunization schedule - English
- Immunization schedule - Spanish
- Insurance Accepted
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Medline Plus
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Pediatric ER
- Follow Ochsner Hospital for Children on Facebook