Ochsner Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout our region. With our 150-bed hospital, 13 health centers and team of more than 200 skilled providers, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care. Ochsner accepts 47+ insurance plans including, but not limited to, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, United Healthcare and many more!
At Ochsner we are always looking to innovate the patient experience with new cutting-edge technology. Our tool, powered by InQuicker, allows patients to check-in online.
- Choose a treatment time that works for you.
- Click the Check In Now button.
- On the following page, fill out a 2-minute secure form.
- After that, you'll be in our system, and we'll be waiting for you!
At our fully accredited hospital at I-12 and O'Neal Lane, we offer private rooms, 24-hour emergency care, a newly renovated Family Birthing Center and alternate deliveries, such as water births and the area’s only certified nurse midwife program. The hospital has advanced specialty care such as open-heart surgery and orthopedic procedures.
- Ochsner is the only fully integrated multi-specialty group practice in Baton Rouge to include a hospital facility.
- Largest area certified nurse midwife program and the first hospital in Louisiana to receive the prestigious international recognition as a Baby-Friendly designated birth facility.
- Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge (OMCBR) named to the 2018 IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals®. Formerly known as the Truven Health Analytics® 100 Top Hospitals, the study highlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S.
- OMCBR received the Patient Safety Excellence Award™ in the Healthgrades 2018 Report to the Nation.
- Named a GYN Epicenter for robotic-assisted surgery, due in part to vast experience and quality outcomes using the da Vinci® Surgical System.
- One of only 10 hospitals in the United States to receive both the 2017 Top Hospitals Everest Award® and the 100 Top Hospitals Award® by Truven Health Analytics.
- Ochsner Health System was recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for 2017.
- OMCBR was the only hospital in Louisiana to receive the 2017 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ from Healthgrades. The distinction places OMCBR in the top 5 percent for clinical excellence among more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide.
- Becker's Hospital Review announced OMCBR as the only Louisiana hospital named to the 2016 "100 Great Community Hospitals" list.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge is pleased to offer labor and delivery services at the new Family Birthing Center. Our team of certified nurse midwives and OB/GYNs provide moms to be and their families a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere to welcome their new addition, all within a full service, acute-care hospital. Alternative birthing options including birthing tubs, stools and chairs are available.
The newly opened Family Birthing Center features the following:
- 8 labor and delivery rooms
- 4 built-in birthing tubs
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge also offers:
With a hospital and over a dozen health centers we make it convenient and easy to choose your healthcare provider.