Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Program
The inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) program is a multidisciplinary program consisting of medical and surgical physician specialists with expertise and focus in managing Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis and associated conditions. Our primary focus is providing outstanding comprehensive care that is personalized to each individual patient. This multidisciplinary approach ensures that patients receive the highest quality care that incorporates both evidence based practices and the latest medical advances.
Our management goals for patients with IBD include:
- achieving steroid free remission
- improving quality of life
- lowering hospitalization rates
- maximizing medical therapy before considering surgery
- providing optimal outcomes for those requiring surgical treatments.
We have expertise in prior medical therapy failures, the latest treatments including biologics, management of Crohn’s and colitis related complications, fertility and pregnancy with IBD, and transitioning care for pediatric patients approaching adulthood.
We facilitate coordination of care with medical experts in the fields of rheumatology, dermatology, colorectal surgery, pediatric gastroenterology, ophthalmology, obstetrics/gynecology, hepatology and infectious disease when needed. We have also initiated an inpatient co-management program that optimizes the acute in-hospital care for complex inflammatory bowel disease patients under the direct supervision of both medical and surgical experts.
Types of Services and Therapies Offered
- Latest biologic treatments
- Optimizing medical therapy in prior failures of medical management
- Co-management of complex IBD in patients under the supervision of medical and surgical experts
- Advanced diagnostics and endoscopy services including:
- Capsule endoscopy
- Double balloon endoscopy
- CT/MR enterography
- Endoscopic stricture management
- IBD related colon cancer surveillance
- Transition of care from pediatric to adulthood
- Experience in pregnancy and infertility in IBD
- Clinical research trials
Join our monthly Crohn's and Colitis Support Group
- Office phone number: 504-842-4015
- Office fax number: 504-703-0456
For Referring Physicians
For fast track clinic appointments, contact the Ochsner Clinic Concierge, our dedicated physician referral line, at 504-842-7436.
After completing, send back to our office: Fax: 504-842-8416