How do I donate milk to Mothers’ Milk Bank of Louisiana at Ochsner Baptist?
By donating human milk to Mothers’ Milk Bank of Louisiana at Ochsner Baptist, you help children in Louisiana, Mississippi, and beyond. To get started, call 504-703-6455.
When you call, we’ll ask for the following information:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Your baby’s age
Before donating, you must complete the following:
- 15-minute phone interview
- An information packet
- Blood screening (at no cost to you)
The director of Mothers’ Milk Bank of Louisiana reviews your information to ensure you’re a good candidate to donate milk. To donate milk, you must meet the following criteria:
- Avoid regular alcohol consumption
- Be a non-smoker, non-illegal drug user who is in general good health
- Have milk stored for no more than nine months, which was pumped when your infant was 9 months or younger
- Not take certain medications
You can email us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Once approved for donation, you receive an ID number. This number allows you to conveniently drop off donor human milk at one of our conveniently located depots.
When dropping off milk, please label it clearly. Include the date and time that you pumped each container of milk. Place an identification card inside bags that contain multiple frozen containers of milk.