7 Things to Do Before You Get Pregnant
Are Your Baby’s Spit-Ups Concerning?
How to Deal with Back Pain During Pregnancy
Ochsner Patient Story: Compassionate Care at Kenner
First Pregnancy? 7 Questions to Ask Your OB/GYN
Donor Breast Milk Benefits Preemies
The Top 5 Most Addictive Foods
Don't Let a Concussion Rain on Your Mardi Gras Parade
4 Ways Business Owners Can Stay Healthy While Hustling
Can Cold Weather Make Health Conditions Worse?
Does Decluttering Give You Joy? These 5 People Don’t Think So.
6 Things to Know When Your Child is Diagnosed with CHD
Preparing you for the most important moment of your life
At Ochsner a variety of prenatal classes are available.
These classes cover topics such as:
- the labor and delivery experience
- vaginal delivery versus Cesarean Section delivery
- postpartum care
- car seat safety
- newborn care
- sibling classes for siblings
Classes are taught by our maternity nurses and our breastfeeding class is led by certified lactation consultants. We also have Lamaze classes that are taught by a certified Lamaze instructor.
Let Ochsner provide you with the information and care you need as you prepare for the joy of bringing a new life into the world. Learn the A’s to Z’s of your pregnancy. Click here to download the A to Z Guide to Pregnancy.
Locations Where Childbirth Classes are Offered
Click on the location name below for additional details about the classes, including dates, times, schedules and registration information.
Ochsner Baptist Women's Pavilion in Uptown New Orleans
Can't fit classes into your busy schedule? Contact Jeni Ducoing, RNC-OB at the Ochsner Baptist Women's Pavilion at firstname.lastname@example.org about online class options.
For more information on the Ochsner Baptist Women's Pavilion, click here.
Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank
To schedule a Labor and Delivery unit tour, call 504-391-5529.
For more information on the Family Birthing Center at Ochsner West Bank, click here.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
2019 Breastfeeding Basics Class Dates
- January 8, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- March 16, 9 am - noon
- May 7, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- July 20, 9 am - noon
- September 10, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- November 16, 9 am - noon
Breastfeeding Basics Class Details
- Learn from our experienced Lactation Department the essential information you need to know!
- Classes include topics such as getting baby latched on, how often to nurse, how to tell if baby is getting enough milk, and how to use a breast pump.
- These classes are free of charge.
- All classes will be held in the first floor classroom of Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, located at 17000 Medical Center Drive (O’Neal Lane at I-12).
- Call 225-755-4854 to pre-register.
2019 Breastfeeding Support Group Dates
Group will resume meetings in July 2019
- July 21
- August 18
- September 15
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15
Breastfeeding Support Group Details
- Join other moms just like you who are breastfeeding their little ones. Share stories and tips on what works and what doesn't with moms who are living the experience. This is a postpartum mother led group.
- The Breastfeeding Support group meetings are held in the first floor classroom of Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge from 2pm-4pm.
- Support group meetings are free and no registration is required.
More Information & Tours
- For more information on the Family Birthing Center at Ochsner Baton Rouge, click here.
- To schedule a tour, call 225-236-5893.
Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
- Kenner 2019 Childbirth Class Schedule
- Call 504-464-8365 to sign up
- OB Pre-admit PDF registration form for Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
- OB Pre-admit PDF registration form for Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner (Spanish)
To schedule a Labor and Delivery unit tour, call 504-464-8365.
For more information on the Family Birthing Center at Ochsner Kenner, click here.
Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital
- To schedule a Labor and Delivery unit tour, call 985-537-8279.
Childbirth & Parenting Class Schedule
Classes include: Childbirth/Lamaze, Grandparenting 101, CPR/Infant Safety, Sibling, Bayou Moms Support Group and Breastfeeding
For more information on Labor and Delivery services at Ochsner St. Anne, click here.
Online Prenatal and Childbirth Classes
Can't fit classes into your busy schedule?
Contact Jeni Ducoing, RNC-OB at the Ochsner Baptist Women's Pavilion at email@example.com about online class options.