Ochsner Medical Center is located on Jefferson Highway, near Uptown New Orleans and includes acute and sub-acute facilities and centers of excellence.
Regular hospital room visiting hours are 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. At times, the number of visitors and the length of visiting times may be limited by nursing staff.
Specialized units may have varied visiting times as follows:
- Individualized visiting. At times, the number of visitors and the length of visit may be limited by nursing staff.
Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- Individualized visiting. Check with nursing staff.
Day of Surgery Waiting Room
- 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Number of visitors may be restricted.
- Children under 12 are not permitted.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Visitation from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. and 8:00p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Three may visit at a time.
- Only under special circumstances may a designated family member or significant other stay with patient.
- Written Visitation Guidelines for ICU Unit are available in the department for more specific information.
Merrill Hines Surgery Center
- Up to two visitors per patient. No children under 12.
- 24-hour visiting for parents.
- Other visitors should consult with the family or nursing staff.
- After 9:00 p.m.: parents only.
Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- 24-hour visiting for parents and grandparents, except during physician rounds and shift changes.
- Other visitors with parental consent.
- Two visitors per visit.
- Ask your nurse about the sibling visitation program.
- 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. weekdays
- 12:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. weekends.
Ochsner Medical Center recognizes that having a loved one in the hospital is inconvenient and uncomfortable for family members, especially those living out of the area. For this reason, we offer several options for assistance with sleep arrangements for our out-of-town guests.
The full-service Brent House Hotel adjacent to Ochsner Medical Center offers comfortable accommodations at a reasonable price. It is connected by a climate controlled walkway to the clinic and hospital. All guest rooms are furnished with a flat screen tv, and in-room refrigerator and microwave. Accommodations include rooms equipped for guests in wheelchairs, an outdoor patio with heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, a beautifully planted atrium, a barber shop, and a beauty salon.
For reservations, call 504-835-5411. Long distance, call toll-free 800-535-3986
At Ochsner Health, volunteers are an integral part of the service system. There are volunteer opportunities in assisting with patient and non-patient needs in a professional atmosphere throughout the institution.
Volunteer shifts are flexible, with morning and afternoon times available to match your schedule. Volunteer benefits include free parking, discounts at campus restaurants and gift shops and the use of Ochsner's medical library. Attendance at many of Ochsner's educational workshops and events are also offered.
Additionally, daily complimentary meals are provided to active volunteers.
If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering at the hospital, clinic or neighborhood clinics, please call the Volunteer Service Team at 504-842-5085 or click here for more information.