Why You May Need to Be Screened for Hepatitis C
The ABC’s of Hepatitis
Prevention through Vaccines is Key for Children
Considerations Before Traveling Abroad for Healthcare
The Consequences of Not Being Vaccinated
Training-Day Nutrition vs. Game-Day Nutrition
The Top 5 Most Addictive Foods
Don't Let a Concussion Rain on Your Mardi Gras Parade
4 Ways Business Owners Can Stay Healthy While Hustling
Can Cold Weather Make Health Conditions Worse?
Does Decluttering Give You Joy? These 5 People Don’t Think So.
Hepatitis C Clinic
It is estimated that up to 75% of patients with Hepatitis C have not yet been diagnosed. If you suspect yourself or a loved one could have Hepatitis C, we encourage you to participate in one-time screening. It’s done with a simple blood test and can be performed at any Ochsner lab site near you.
Hepatitis C Screening Criteria
Please join Ochsner in supporting The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force’s recommendation for all adults fitting the below criteria to proactively seek out a screening.
All Ochsner labs are currently offering a Hepatitis C blood test for all patients that meet the screening criteria. No appointment needed.
- Born between 1945 and 1965
- No previous signs or symptoms of the Hepatitis C infection
- No previous diagnosis of liver disease or liver function problems
Treatment of Hepatitis C
The Hepatitis C Clinic at Ochsner Medical Center offers comprehensive care for patients diagnosed with Hepatitis C. The Clinic's team provides our patients with a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach. Personalized care plans are tailored to meet your medical needs.
- Patients will be scheduled for laboratory and imaging studies prior to their initial clinic appointment with an Advanced Practice Provider (APP). By arranging these in advance we can reduce the number of clinic appointments a patient requires before Hepatitis C treatment can be initiated.
- The APP will then make recommendations for a specific treatment plan at that initial visit. For most patients, a prescription will be sent to the Ochsner Specialty Pharmacy on the day of their initial visit. A small number of patients may require additional testing prior to initiating treatment.
- If needed, a Hepatologist is available for consultation at all times.
Ochsner provides ongoing treatment plans that allow our patients to:
- maintain their quality of life
- convenience of meeting needs in as few visits as possible
- on-site Fibroscan that allows most patients to avoid liver biopsy
- expert staff that remains up-to-date on the rapidly evolving field of Hepatitis C treatment
The Hepatitis C Clinic Team collaborates with our Specialty Pharmacy to help patients navigate the insurance authorization process for medication. They also help secure copay assistance and financial support. The Clinic Team also offers additional in-person medication counseling. Our patients will receive care from a comprehensive team that consists of providers with over 19 years combined experience, nurses, clinical pharmacists and MAs who dedicate 100% of their time to evaluating, treating and caring for patients with Hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C Clinic
To schedule an appointment at the Hepatitis C Clinic, please call 504-842-3925.
A doctor referral is not required.
Ochsner Hepatitis C Clinic is located at:
Ochsner Medical Center
1514 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70121