What exactly is the Catalyst Internship Program at Ochsner?
The purpose of the program is to provide students with direct mentorship and hands-on experience to assist in increasing their knowledge of the healthcare industry. It will also help interns identify important skills needed to be successful throughout their career.
What are some of the benefits to students who participate in this program?
- 1:1 Mentorship with leaders
- Peer Networking
- Online/Classroom Skills Training
- Experience in relevant issues affecting our communities
- Values-centered organization
- Healthcare is one of the largest industries with continued job growth, providing opportunities for students studying any major
- Ochsner is the largest not-for-profit and private employer in the state, offering numerous opportunities and advancements for young professionals.
- Is this a part-time or full-time position: This a part-time position, 8 week program, 32 hours per week (Mon.-Thurs) Students will have off the week of July 4th.
- Are positions available following the internship: Interns have been offered and accepted positions following their internship completion, however this does depend on the needs of the organization. Students are encouraged to apply through Ochsner/careers webpage for possible opportunities.
- Will interns have the option to choose their region/location: This will depend on the interns skill set and which department the intern is matched with. Our goal is to match interns to the departments/facilities that match their skills and interest, as well as within their geographical area. Some travel may be required.
- No clinical settings are available through this program, only administrative.
- Community Health/Urgent Care Facilities
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Patient Experience
- Project Management
- Decision Support
And many more.
Two Programs Available
- Human Resources
- Public Health
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Data & Analytics
- Business Intelligence
Applications will be accepted: Jan. 3rd thru March 11th, application deadline will be March 11th
Program Run date: May 23rd thru July 28th (8-9 week program)
Interviews will take place March thru April