Welcome Shell Employees
Shell has selected Ochsner Health as a Premier Partner in the Louisiana area for the Be Well @ Shell – Prevention Program. Our program will help enhance awareness of overall health, while offering wellness and fitness goals that promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Increases well-being. Early detection is the best protection against any illness.
- Saves time. Participants receive a head-to-toe physical in a time efficient manner.
- Saves money. Detecting illness and health conditions early allows for less expensive and less invasive treatment.
- Gives peace of mind. Participants will receive a full report on the results of the physical along with detailed recommendations for improving their health.
- Ochsner Medical Center: 1514 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA ph: 504-842-0600
- Ochsner Medical Complex - The Grove: 10310 The Grove Blvd.Baton Rouge, LA ph: 225-761-5753
- Ochsner Health Center - Covington: 1000 Ochsner Boulevard, Covington, LA ph: 985-875-2883
Making it as easy as possible to take this vital step toward good health is the goal of our Program.
Each participating individual will receive an informational packet outlining all of the details of the program. Our scheduling representative will coordinate the entire physical evaluation including all diagnostic testing and physician appointments. Preparation information and instructions will be mailed to all participants. A registered nurse is available to answer any questions the participant may have during their stay with us. All testing is scheduled on one morning, with very little waiting time between tests.
After completion of all testing outlined in the Be Well @ Shell - Prevention Program protocol, our physician will conduct a comprehensive physical examination. With Ochsner's state-of-the-art electronic medical records system, the examining physician can access these results during the exam, explain and interpret them, and make recommendations on lifestyle changes to improve or maintain your health.
Each participant is sent a copy of all personal test results for their review and record, including a detailed written explanation by our examining physician. The summary includes personalized recommendations and indicates whether additional tests or treatments are warranted. Should that be the case, we can assist with the scheduling of these tests in the same time-efficient manner. Ochsner Health has over 700 physicians available for follow-up testing, consultation and referral if desired.