Please beware of fraudulent recruiting activity where individuals pose as representatives, executives or recruiters of Ochsner Health and its affiliated companies including, but not exclusive to posting fabricated positions, requesting personal information or initiating private meetings to conduct medical evaluations.
We take matters of this nature seriously and work with the appropriate authorities to further investigate all fraudulent activity.
Our primary goal is to ensure that patients receive the care they need while creating a safe and protected work and care environment for all. Behaviors contrary to these principles are unacceptable and are not tolerated.
Fraudulent activity can include, but is not limited to:
- Illegitimate Job Postings: Scammers post illegitimate job postings online and/or create false webpages/websites. We highly recommend candidates validate and apply to our job postings on our site www.ochsner.org/careers or reputable, well-known job boards.
- False Emails: Scammers send fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of Ochsner’s email domains (@ochsner.org), to deceive individuals with false job opportunities and/or job offers. We do not use public email platforms such as those available on Google, Yahoo or Hotmail to recruit or communicate with our talent. We recommend you contact us at the contact information listed below if you believe you have received a fraudulent email.
- False Phone Calls: Scammers call asking to conduct a phone interview and request money in regards to moving forward. Any phone call requesting any payment as part of the hiring process, onboarding or for any equipment is not legitimate. We recommend you contact us at the contact information listed below if you believe you have received a fraudulent phone call and report the caller to local authorities.
- False Interviews or Job Offers: Scammers leverage text messaging, Yahoo messenger, Google+ Hangouts, Google+ video or Facebook to conduct false interviews and/or false job offers. We advise candidates to not conduct interviews using these, or any similar, messaging platforms.
- Physical examination: Scammers arrange in-person meetings claiming they need to conduct a physical examination for employment. Candidates are never required to submit to a physical examination by Ochsner recruitment team members. Prospective employees may be subject to additional screening which may include drug testing, immunizations and lab work which take place at an Ochsner Employee Health location.
- Requests for Fees: Scammers request fees associated with hiring. Ochsner Health does not request bank account information, a wire transfer or fees of any sort as a condition of employment with our company. We recommend you do not pay any fees during the recruitment process or to start a job.
- Requests for Software Downloads: Scammers contact individuals requesting they start a hiring process by downloading software. Ochsner Health will never request you download software of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company. We recommend you do not respond to these requests or download software to participate in the recruitment process and/or to start a job.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any communication purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of Ochsner Health, please call 504-842-4748 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
For more information on detecting fraudulent recruiting activity, the Federal Trade Commission offers resources on their website.