The Ochsner Community Training Center signed a contract with the American Heart Association to be an authorized Training Center in 1998.
Our mission is to strengthen the Chain of Survival in the population we serve by providing high quality, effective life support training worthy of regional and national recognition.
We provide support and quality control to over 1200 AHA instructors as well as over 33 Training Sites covering a geographical area including Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
American Heart Association Classroom Training Courses
AHA HeartCode ACLS, BLS and PALS and traditional classroom courses are available as needed. Both Provider and Instructor courses offered.
All Current Ochsner Employees:
Access Heartcode Request Form via Ochweb 2.0
Community Class Enrollment & Registration
To print a copy of your current AHA electronic certification card:
Provide your first and last name and the email address that you original card was emailed to.
You will be able to re-print the card from this website available for 2 years from the expiration date printed on your original card.
The Ochsner Community Training Center is using Enrollware, a web-based AHA course registration system, which is easily accessible on any device with internet access. Course purchases and registrations are only a click away and instructors can have effortless access to their classes in the palm of their hands.
For information, contact the CTC at 504-842-6684.
Meet our Staff:
- Kay Eddleman, BLS Training Center Faculty. Kay supervises all aspects of the CTC.
- Melanie Blenkarn, BLS Instructor, Program Coordinator, and primary contact for AHA Instructors.
- Jana Hepting, BLS Instructor and primary contact for CTC related questions.
- Paul Schuler, BLS Instructor and CPI Coordinator and the primary contact for CPI related questions.
- Betsy Bouldin, CTC Trainer, is ACLS, BLS, and PALS Training Center Faculty and teaches all courses.