Community Training Center
The Ochsner Community Training Center signed a contract with the American Heart Association to be an authorized Training Center in 1998.
Our mission is to strengthen the Chain of Survival in the population we serve by providing high quality, effective life support training worthy of regional and national recognition.
We provide support and quality control to over 1200 AHA instructors as well as over 33 Training Sites covering a geographical area including Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
American Heart Association Classroom Training Courses
AHA HeartCode ACLS, BLS and PALS and traditional classroom courses are available as needed. Both Provider and Instructor courses offered.
All Current Ochsner Employees:
Community Class Enrollment & Registration
The Ochsner Community Training Center is using Enrollware, a web-based AHA course registration system, which is easily accessible on any device with internet access. Course purchases and registrations are only a click away and instructors can have effortless access to their classes in the palm of their hands.
For information, contact the CTC at 504-842-6684.
Meet our Staff:
- Kay Eddleman, BLS Regional and Training Center Faculty. Kay supervises all aspects of the CTC.
- Melissa Brown, Special Services Coordinator, is BLS Training Center Faculty. Melissa processes AHA rosters and is instrumental in the day to day operations of the CTC.
- Karol McGovern, Administrative Assistant, is the primary contact for the CTC. Karol is instrumental in the day to day operations of the CTC.
- Janis Sita, RN, CTC Trainer, is ACLS, BLS, and PALS Regional and Training Center Faculty. Janis teaches AHA courses for the CTC
- Betsy Bouldin, CTC Trainer, is ACLS, BLS, and PALS Training Center Faculty. Betsy teaches courses for the CTC.