Please note: masks are required on-site at all times, including when visiting our mobile unit.
Imagine being able to ask an expert why your activity monitor is not working or why one calorie counting app is better than another. You can at Ochsner’s O Bar, a place where technology can be explained – and explored – all in the name of better health.
O Bar Benefits
- The iPad bar allows patients to test drive more than 100 Ochsner-approved health apps.
- Featured apps focus on wellness, nutrition, fitness, diabetes, women’s health, smoking cessation and more.
- There’s a technology specialist behind the counter to answer questions and give app demonstrations.
- The O Bar sells the latest devices, including wireless blood glucose monitors, blood pressure monitors and activity trackers.
- Digital Medicine participants leave the O Bar fully armed with the tech tools and confidence that will guide them to better health.
Chemotherapy Care Companion Program
Chemotherapy Care Companion is a new program that is being offered to Ochsner’s chemotherapy patients at some locations. The program is used to monitor patients who are undergoing chemotherapy and to observe the differences in obtained baseline information prior to chemotherapy treatment to determine issues related to or exacerbated by receiving chemotherapy.