The Ochsner Regional Referral Center was created with your adult and pediatric patient transfer needs in mind. With one call, you begin coordination of:
- Bed assignment
- Patient transportation via ambulance or air
For 24/7 transfers, please contact the Regional Referral Center at 1-855-OHS-LINK (647-5465).
Important patient updates will be communicated directly with the referring physician.
Our Regional Referral Center is staffed 24/7 by Registered Nurses enabling you to transfer to ANY Ochsner facility.
Our Transfer Process
- Referring facility (nurse, case manager, physician) or physician office call the Regional Referral Hotline at 1-855-OHS-LINK (647-5465).
- RRC RN conducts three way call between the referring physician and the Ochsner-accepting physician; ALL calls are on a recorded line.
- RRC RN completes the registration process (including bed request) once acceptance is confirmed.
- RRC RN communications with the accepting physician and the referring hospital to provide bed assignment and coordinate transportation arrangements (ground ambulance or Flight Care).
- RRC RN notifies referring facility when patient has arrived onsite.
Transportation and Critical Care
Safe, rapid emergency transportation for critically ill patients of all ages is available from Ochsner’s own fleet of medically equipped helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft and ground vehicles. Our staff will provide quality out-of-hospital critical care from bedside to bedside and will implement physician orders during ALL transports to include specialty ventilator, isolette and balloon pump patients.
Our dedicated Flight Care team is available for immediate response and includes flight paramedics, respiratory therapists and RNs with physicians and other specialty staff available to accompany the flight teams if needed. The Flight Care Nurses hold certifications in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), as well as many other nationally recognized Critical Care certifications. Many of our nurses hold instructor status for the above mentioned certifications.