Second Opinion Virtual Visit
To start the process of requesting a second opinion virtual visit, simply fill out the form below. Once your completed form is received, you will be contacted within 2 to 3 business days.
If you prefer to see a doctor in person for your second opinion, our team can help you set up an appointment. Just call 504-703-2799 to schedule in Cardiology, Hepatology or Women's Services.
NOTE: Depending on your location, state laws on the practice of medicine may prohibit second opinion virtual visits. In the event we are unable to provide you with a second opinion virtual visit, our team would be happy to assist you with scheduling an in-person appointment.
How does a second opinion virtual visit work?
A specialist or surgeon from the leading healthcare system in the Gulf South will provide you with:
A complete and comprehensive written review of your medical records, including:
- Collection of relevant medical records
- Diagnostic reports from pathology and/or radiation, where necessary
- Written opinion from one of our expert specialists
A scheduled personal consultation via one of the following options:
- In-person appointment at provider’s office
- Phone call
- Virtual Visit, a face-to-face, secure video consultation with an Ochsner physician, to review the second opinion report through your smart phone, tablet, or personal computer. For pricing, click here.
* Virtual visits are only available for select specialties in select states at this time.
This time is your time. The focus is on you. Whether in-person or over the phone, the doctor will take the time to walk you through a written report detailing his or her findings and recommendations. Our typical second opinion appointment is between 20-40 minutes. You’ll be given an opportunity to ask questions and express your concerns.
No travel required, saving you time, money and the stress of travel when you’re already not feeling well.
Convenient, personalized access to top specialists and surgeons at Ochsner.
The peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re getting the right care.
Short turnaround times.
- Cardiology: Arrhythmia
(Only available to residents of Louisiana or Mississippi at this time)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Atrial tachycardia
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Heart block
- Loop recorder
- Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs)
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia (POTS Syndrome)
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (WPW)
- Cardiology: Advanced Heart Failure
(Only available to residents of Louisiana, Mississippi or Alabama at this time)
- Heart Failure
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart transplant
- Pulmonary hypertension (PH)
- Ventricular assist device (VAD)
- Cardiac amyloidosis
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HOCM)
- Cardiology: Interventional
(Only available to residents in Louisiana at this time.)
- Aortic stenosis
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Renal stenosis
- Carotid Stenosis
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
- Fiber muscular dysplasia (FMD)
- Left Atrial Appendage
- Liver Disease/Hepatology
(Only available to residents of Louisiana, California, and Florida at this time)
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD/NASH)
- Hepatitis C virus infection (HCV)
- Hepatitis B virus infection (HBV)
- Cirrhosis (from any cause)
- Abnormal liver tests/enzymes
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Liver mass/lesion
- Abnormal liver imaging (not masses)
- Women's Services Conditions
(Only available to residents of Louisiana and Mississippi at this time):
- Any and all forms of gynecological cancers