Second Opinion Virtual Visit
Ochsner offers options for a second opinions program for numerous services, including:
To start the process of requesting a remote second opinion, simply fill out the form below. Once your completed form is received, you will be contacted within 2 to 3 business days.
If you prefer to see a doctor in person for your second opinion, our team can help you set up an appointment. Just call 504-842-5355 to schedule in Cardiology or Hepatology.
NOTE: Depending on your location, state laws on the practice of medicine may prohibit remote second opinions. In the event we are unable to provide you with a remote second opinion, our team would be happy to assist you with scheduling an in-person appointment.
How does a second opinion visit work?
A specialist or surgeon from the leading healthcare system in the Gulf South will provide you with:
A complete and comprehensive written review of your medical records, including:
- Collection of relevant medical records
- Diagnostic reports from pathology and/or radiation, where necessary
- Written opinion from one of our expert specialists
A scheduled personal consultation via one of the following options:
- In-person appointment at provider’s office
- Phone call
- Remote Virtual Visit, a face-to-face, secure video consultation with an Ochsner physician to review the second opinion report through your smart phone, tablet, or personal computer. For pricing, click here.
* Virtual visits are only available for select specialties in select states at this time.
This time is your time. The focus is on you. Whether in-person or over the phone, the doctor will take the time to walk you through a written report detailing his or her findings and recommendations. Our typical second opinion appointment is between 20-40 minutes. You’ll be given an opportunity to ask questions and express your concerns.
The Future of Telemedicine is Here
The benefits of a Remote Second Opinion via an online virtual visit:
No travel required, saving you time, money and the stress of travel when you’re already not feeling well.
Convenient, personalized access to top specialists and surgeons at Ochsner.
The peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re getting the right care.
Short turnaround times.
Arrhythmia (Only available to residents of Louisiana or Mississippi at this time)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Atrial tachycardia
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Heart block
- Loop recorder
- Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs)
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia (POTS Syndrome)
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (WPW)
Advanced Heart Failure (Only available to residents of Louisiana, Mississippi or Alabama at this time)
- Heart Failure
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart transplant
- Pulmonary hypertension (PH)
- Ventricular assist device (VAD)
- Cardiac amyloidosis
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HOCM)
Interventional (Only available to residents in Louisiana at this time)
- Aortic stenosis
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Renal stenosis
- Carotid Stenosis
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
- Fiber muscular dysplasia (FMD)
- Left Atrial Appendage
Liver Disease/Hepatology Conditions
(*Only available to residents of Louisiana, California, and Florida at this time):
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Liver mass/lesion
- Abnormal liver imaging (not masses)