Foot and Ankle: North Shore
Over the course of our lifetime, 75% of us will experience some type of foot problem. Some conditions are a result of trauma, some are inherited, and some are due to longtime abuse (such as repeated wearing of improper or ill-fitting footwear). If you’re experiencing pain or a loss of mobility, making an appointment with the Ochsner foot and ankle team is a step in the right direction.
Why Ochsner North Shore for Foot and Ankle Care?
Ochsner’s Foot and Ankle program is home to an experienced team including a fellowship-trained foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon, a team of board-certified podiatric surgeons and clinicians, dedicated nurses and rehabilitation specialists. Together, they provide personalized, cutting-edge care to patients all across the Gulf South. As part of one of the nation’s top health centers, our team has the ability to consult with a variety of specialists and sub-specialists in related fields such as orthopedics, podiatry, rheumatology and diabetes care. We have deep expertise in both non-surgical and surgical approaches.
Ochsner’s Foot and Ankle Team offers integrated, comprehensive care for foot and ankle conditions at convenient locations throughout the North Shore in Covington and Slidell. Our experienced team includes specially-trained, expert surgeons, nurses and physical and occupational therapists all working together to provide you with the best care. You’ll find a variety of treatment options for both adults and adolescents including non-surgical and specialized surgical approaches, outpatient rehabilitation and physical therapy and wellness.
Ochsner’s Foot and Ankle Team offers:
- Comprehensive care specializing in the treatment of foot and ankle conditions including sports injuries, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, plantar fasciitis, ankle replacement and more.
- Treatments for relief from sports injuries, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, plantar fasciitis, and other conditions causing foot and ankle pain and loss of mobility.
- A care team specially trained in the treatment of foot and ankle conditions.
Conditions we treat:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Instability
- Ankle Fracture
- Ankle Sprains
- Acquired Flatfoot Deformity
- Athletic Injuries
- Cavus Foot
- Diabetic and Other Neuropathic Foot Conditions
- Fractures of the Foot
- Hallux Rigidus (Stiff Big Toe)
- Hallux Valgus (Bunions)
- Haglund’s Syndome
- Metatarsalgia (Forefoot Pain)
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Osteochondral Lesion
- Peroneal Tendinosis
- Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Spur)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sesamoiditis (Forefoot Pain)
- Stress Fractures
- Surgical Intervention to Heal and/or Prevent Ulcerations and Infection
The Ochsner Foot and Ankle program offers conveniently located, comprehensive, expert care for foot and ankle ailments on the North Shore. You’ll find a range of treatment options including non-surgical and specialized surgical options and physical therapy and wellness.
- Ankle joint arthroscopy is often used in the early stages of arthritis flare ups. An arthroscopy is performed by using tiny instruments and cameras to inspect the ankle joint for damage or inflammation. If damage or inflammation is found it is removed and the joint surface is cleaned.
- Arthrodesis, also known as “joint fusion”, is a surgical procedure in which the bones of the ankle joint are connected into one continuous bone. The procedure results in more stability and is traditionally very successful in relieving pain. This procedure is commonly done for those patients whose pain has not been relieved by other measures or procedures.
- Total ankle replacement is similar to the more commonly known hip or knee replacement in which the surgeon uses an implant to replace the damaged joint. Because the Wright Medical Inbone™ implant for total ankle replacement is less invasive, more of the surrounding bone is preserved. Mobility is improved and pain relieved, as well as the stress being reduced on adjacent joints.
Patient referrals, transfers and consults are critically important.
We make it easy for you. To obtain copies of patient records, schedule clinic appointments, and to share your preference for receiving post visit follow-up from your patient's appointment, call the Clinic Concierge, our dedicated physician referral line, at 504-842-7436 or 1-855-312-4190.