Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program
About Ideal Protein
The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a low carbohydrate, moderate protein, 4-phase protocol that includes meal replacement products and dieter-provided meats and vegetables.
Included in the program:
- Weekly one-on-one coaching
- High-quality, great-tasting foods
- Daily, specific educational videos
- Access to cooking videos & recipes
- Supervision by a licensed healthcare provider
- Option to share results with your doctor
- Continued coaching after weight loss
Where is the service offered?
- Baton Rouge
Can anyone participate?
Yes, but some health conditions can restrict participation or may require consent from your health care provider. Participants are asked to complete a health profile prior to their first appointment to determine if you are a candidate.
How will I benefit from this program?
- Persons with diabetes improve blood sugars and use less medicine
- High blood pressure improves with weight loss
- Body composition changes – more lean mass, less fat – looser clothes
- Lower cholesterol and triglycerides
- Improved symptoms of gastric reflux and been reported
- Support for a low carb lifestyle for a lifetime of health
What does this program offer me?
Our staff consists of registered dietitians, dietetic technicians and personal trainers who will provide education and health coaching throughout your program. Each phase of the Ideal Protein program includes a structured meal pattern that is supported by the Ideal Protein products. Each week you will meet with your health coach.
What happens at these weekly meetings?
- An individual session with your health coach for education and support
- A review of the daily food journal and discussion of situations that have affected your success – good or bad
- Measurements are taken: weight, body measurements, percent of body fat versus lean mass
- A plan for success for the next week
Does insurance cover Ideal Protein?
Unfortunately no, insurance plans do not cover food products. Payment is by credit or debit card.
- Initial fee: $325.00. This includes a one-time registration fee, 28 Ideal Protein products and your 1st month of vitamin-mineral supplements
- Phase 1 weekly food cost (21 products): approx $12.70 per day or $89.00 (+tax)
- Phase 2 weekly food cost (14 products): approx $8.50 per day or $59.00
- Phase 3 weekly food cost (7 products): approx $4.25 per day or $29.00
- Phase 4 weekly food cost: $0 (purchase of product is not required)
- Monthly vitamin supply cost: varies
- Monthly BCA fee beginning 3rd month: $15.00
Location: Ochsner Specialty Health Center One – Slidell, 1850 East Gause Boulevard, Suite 303, Slidell, LA 70461
Hours: The Slidell clinic is open Monday through Saturday by appointment. We make every effort to meet the schedule needs of our dieters.
How do I participate in this program?
For more information or to schedule an appointment to visit our center, call 985-898-7255. We would love to show you around. If you are ready to join us, complete this health profile and coach’s contract and return it to our clinic by fax, email or mail. We will review your profile and give you a call.
- Mail: 1850 East Gause Boulevard, Suite 303, Slidell, LA 70461
- Phone: 985-898-7255
- Fax: 985-898-7261
- Email: IdealProteinSlidell@ochsner.org
Location: Ochsner Health Center – Summa, 9001 Summa Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, 225-761-5586
Hours: Our provider team is available to meet with you Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Once joining the program, our weight loss coach who you would meet with weekly, offers early morning, lunch time and late afternoon appointments for your convenience.
How do I participate in this program?
Call 225-761-5586 and ask to speak to an Ideal Protein coach who will coordinate a new patient appointment. Please complete and submit a Weight Loss Health Profile, Consent to Participate, Coach Contract and Medical Information Release forms prior to your first appointment by either mail, fax or email.
- Mail: 9001 Summa Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Fax: 225-761-5890
- Email: IdealProteinBR@ochsner.org
Learn more about the Ideal Protein program by viewing this presentation. After viewing please call 225-761-5586 and ask to speak to an Ideal Protein coach.
- Weight Loss Health Profile - Assists in determining a client's health status, program qualifications and custom weight loss plan
- Consent to Participate - Informed Consent for participation in Ideal Protein Protocol
- Coach Contract - Agreement of program expectations to support your success
- Medical Release and Medical Information Release - Allows us to obtain medical records and labs from your health care provider, which supports your safety and coordination of medical care. Allows your primary physician to authorize your use of Ideal Protein Protocol.
- Meal Journal – Submit two days prior to your weekly appointment to allow Ideal Protein coach to customize your weight loss plan and offer support
- Order Form – Submit two days prior to your weekly appointment to allow Ideal Protein coach to prepare requested items for efficient processing at your clinic visit.