Monday, June 15, 2020, 5:00 PM Update
As we are closely monitoring the effects of COVID-19, Ochsner Healthy Back has the following plans in place to continue to provide safe and effective care to all who need it while prioritizing the safety of our patients, staff and community, first and foremost:
- We are currently open for our normal hours of operation
- All appointments are being scheduled one-on-one with your therapist.
- Clinic schedules have been adjusted to include expanded hours of operation and staggered appointment times to limit the number of patients checking in and receiving therapy at any given time.
- Screening questions and temperature checks of all staff, patients and essential visitors will continue pre-visit and upon entry into any facility.
- Appointment text message reminders with screening information and guidance on what to do if you have symptoms will continue.
- All patients and staff are wearing masks. A mask will be provided to you prior to entering the facility if you do not have one of your own.
- Our waiting rooms and communal areas have been adapted to ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times.
- We have dedicated team members wearing designated shirts who are hourly disinfecting all treatment tables and waiting areas including communal spaces and highly touched/trafficked locations.
- All team members are disinfecting all therapy equipment between every patient use.
- What happened to my Wellness membership agreement?
- On March 18, 2020 we suspended your account in the system.
- Was I charged membership dues/fees during this closure?
- No charges to your account were made during our closure.
- What if my discharge date was scheduled during the period of the closure – will I be able to continue the program, once you reopen?
- You will be able to continue the program. Your membership will be extended based on any days you may have lost.
- When do you anticipate the wellness program starting again?
- Wellness operations have resumed at our Belle Meade, Covington, and Baton Rouge locations.
- Wellness operations are resuming the week of June 15th at our Baptist location.
- What happens when I return to wellness?
- Your account will be unsuspended when you return to wellness. You will receive the visits that were left on your account before the suspension occurred and then your new billing cycle will start. Your health coach can show you the details upon your return to the program and provide your new billing date.
- What if I don’t return to wellness?
The visits that were left on your account before the suspension are still available to you if you choose to use them. You will not receive any charges if you do not return.
Ochsner Healthy Back Program
The Ochsner Healthy Back Program is a comprehensive treatment approach for individuals with chronic or recurrent neck or back pain. Treatment focuses on active recovery, restoring spinal motion and strength, and ultimately getting people back to the activities they enjoy. While receiving care, patients work with an integrated healthcare team including a Physician or Advanced Practice Provider, Physical Therapists, and Health and Wellness Coaches. Patients also engage in an active physical therapy program focused on pain reduction and return to function, then transition to a Wellness Program for general strength maintenance.
What you should expect:
- A thorough evaluation with one of our skilled Physical Therapists to identify musculoskeletal impairments and movement dysfunctions
- Strength testing of the cervical and/or lumbar extensor muscles using medical machines that isolate the targeted muscle groups. These results will provide a baseline measure of your back or neck strength, help determine an appropriate starting exercise weight, and allow for objective measurement of your progress as you go through treatment.
- An active, evidenced-based, research-driven Physical Therapy program focused on neck and/or back pain reduction, targeted strengthening of the spinal and surrounding musculature, and education to promote understanding, prevention, and management of your pain.
- Regular meetings with a Health Coach who will assist you with achieving your health and fitness goals
- Enrollment into a wellness program after successful completion of Physical Therapy. Here you will work with a team of Wellness Coaches to help you maintain the strength and functional movement gains you’ve achieved with Physical Therapy.
Scientifically Proven Technology
Through progressive resistance strengthening and the principles of adaptive overload, patients suffering from chronic back and neck pain experience improved muscle strength, disc health, increased connective tissue thickness, endurance, mobility, and function over the duration of their treatment. As musculoskeletal function improves, symptoms diminish and their psychological outlook improves.
Over the last 25 years, the University of Florida, the University of California at San Diego, and medical institutions around the world have published compelling research showing that specific spinal strengthening using the FDA-registered MedX Lumbar and Cervical Extension machines improves patient outcomes even after multiple failed attempts at other forms of treatment. With more than 75 published articles in peer-reviewed journals, the proof lies in both the research and patient testimonials.
How to Enroll
Give us a call at 1-877-889-2976, our Central Scheduling number, to schedule an initial appointment with our Physicians/APPs or Physical Therapists who will complete a thorough examination to determine if you may benefit from this treatment approach.
Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*Hours may vary by clinic location
*Mid-day lunch hour physical therapy appointments available
Ochsner Health Center - Baptist Napoleon Medical Plaza
2820 Napoleon Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70115
Ochsner Therapy & Wellness - Belle Meade
605 Lapalco Blvd., Ste. A
Gretna, LA 70056
Ochsner Therapy & Wellness - O’Neal
2077 O’Neal Lane
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Ochsner Therapy & Wellness - Covington
1000 Ochsner Blvd.
Covington, LA 70433
The Ochsner Healthy Back Program is offered to Ochsner-insured employees and their family members as a once per lifetime benefit with no out-of-pocket responsibility-specifically, those currently carrying the Ochsner Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Benefit insurance (OCHPLUS1 and OCHPLUS2). The benefit period starts with the initial physical therapy visit and ends 1 year from this visit. Standard Physical Therapy deductible and copays apply if the employee has previously utilized the year of care benefit.
The Ochsner Healthy Back Program is available to patients with all major insurances.