Latest Updates Following Hurricane Ida
Update: Sept. 20, 2021, 9:00 a.m.
The majority of Ochsner facilities, clinics and hospitals are now open. Some locations in areas most affected by Hurricane Ida remain closed until further notice. See the list of closures at the link below.
Ochsner Employee Resources
Virtual Care is Available
See a doctor online, anytime with Ochsner Anywhere Care virtual visits. Connect to physicians for urgent care and behavioral health virtual visits 24/7. Download the Ochsner Anywhere Care mobile app on iOS or Android or access the service online through a computer at ochsner.org/anywhere. Urgent care visits are $10, and behavioral health visits are $85.
Patients can now access virtual visits through Ochsner Anywhere Care (instant urgent care) and MyChart (scheduled visits with an existing provider) at the following Ochsner locations. Patients that do not have access to smart technology or internet can access Ochsner providers through a series of digital avenues at these locations.
- O Bar Primary Care – 1401 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson, LA 70121 (close to Ochsner Main Campus Pharmacy)
- O Bar Baptist – 2820 Napoleon Ave, New Orleans, LA 70115 (close to the Ochsner Baptist Pharmacy)
- O Bar The Grove – 10310 The Grove Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- O Bar O’Neal – 16777 Medical Center Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 (close to the O’Neal Ochsner Pharmacy)
- Pharmacy & Wellness - Ochsner Kenner – 200 W Esplanade Ave, #106, Kenner, LA 70065 (Telehealth tablet located in consult room)
- Ochsner Community Health – Brees Family Center – 5950 Bullard Ave, New Orleans, LA 70128
Questions? Email AnywhereCare@Ochsner.org
Referring Providers: Clinic Concierge
Clinic Concierge is operating as of September 3, 2021 for patient referrals. Call 855-312-4190 or fax 504-842-8416.
For patients scheduling their own referral appointments, the Central Appointment Center is available at 1-866-OCHSNER or appointments can be scheduled through MyOchsner.
For Family Members
Family members trying to find out more information about a loved one in the hospital can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-844-959-4377 or speak to a live agent via our online chatbot.
COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Update
Vaccine appointments and testing is now available in the New Orleans and Baton Rouge regions. Click here for a list of locations and hours.
Retail Pharmacy Update
The following pharmacy locations are currently open:
- Pharmacy & Wellness - New Orleans: Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Sat-Sun 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Baptist: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Medical Complex - The Grove: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. -5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Health Center - Covington: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Slidell Memorial Hospital: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Pharmacy & Wellness - Lake Terrace: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Pharmacy & Wellness - Destrehan: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Pharmacy & Wellness - Primary Care: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Specialty Pharmacy: Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Sat 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Ochsner Pharmacy & Wellness - St. Anne - Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For Ochsner Medical Center-Jefferson Highway, the River Road and valet entrances are opened. Please call 504-842-3205 when you arrive to receive your prescription. We are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
We ask that patients only use the pharmacy for essential medications and maintenance medications at this time.
If Evacuated Without Your Prescription Medication
If you are away from home and need to fill or refill your prescription, go to or call a pharmacy near you with your prescription information, name, date of birth and the original pharmacy’s phone number. Your prescription information is available in your MyOchsner account. The local pharmacist will call and complete the prescription transfer for you.
Patients taking a specialty medication should contact their specialty pharmacy who will help coordinate a new location to fill the medication to ensure they carry it.
If you are out of refills, the pharmacy can message your provider for authorization to process the refill or if regulations allow, the pharmacy could fill it under the “State of Emergency”.
Normal prescription benefits apply with insurance providers. If it is an early refill, a prior authorization may apply.
Donations and Support
We are incredibly humbled and grateful for the outpouring of generosity to support our staff during this critical time.
We would strongly encourage monetary donations to a to the Emergency Response Fund
If an organization, company or vendor is interested in making a donation please direct them to the Ochsner Donation Hotline at 504-688-3610 or email email@example.com.
If an organization, company or vendor is interested in making a donation of in-kind supplies or items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Blood Donations Needed
Blood supplies are critically low due to closures caused by Hurricane Ida. Your donation plays a role in saving the lives of our patients and those in our community. Click here to find a location to donate blood today!
Updated Visitor Policy
Due to current conditions and for safety precautions, we have updated our visitor policy:
- Emergency room and urgent care patients: One visitor for adults and two for minors.
- Patients in clinics and procedural/surgical areas: One support person for adults and two for minors.
- COVID-19 negative inpatients: One visitor at a time for adults and two for minors (including NICU). Hours are 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- COVID-19 positive inpatients: One visitor per day and visitors must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
- Laboring mothers: Two support persons at a time.
- Palliative/comfort care: Family may visit together 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. and one person may remain overnight.
- End of life care: Family may visit together and be present 24/7.
- Adults with mental impairment: One support person present 24/7.
For the latest information on our visitor policy, go to ochsner.org/visitor.
OB Patient Update
As we work to restore damage caused by Hurricane Ida these hospitals are currently open and accepting patients in labor for emergency and routine delivery needs: Ochsner Baptist, Ochsner Medical Center – Kenner and Ochsner Medical Center West Bank Campus.
As we restore full operations the following are temporary options to connect you with care:
- For general questions about your pregnancy, call 504-354-3950, available Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- If you feel you need to be seen by a provider, we may be able to schedule a MyOchsner virtual visit with one of our trusted prenatal providers. Call 504-354-3950 to schedule.
Locations for Oxygen Post-Hurricane Ida
Patients in need of oxygen support due to electricity issues should call 211 to find a nearby location. Please avoid the ER unless seeking emergency medical care.
New Orleans Fire Station 1
- 2920 Magazine St
- New Orleans, LA 70115
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
New Orleans Fire Station 36
- 5403 Read Blvd
- New Orleans, LA 70127
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
New Orleans Fire Station 6
- 4500 Old Gentilly Rd
- New Orleans, LA 70126
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
New Orleans Fire Station 40
- 2500 General de Gaulle Dr
- New Orleans, LA 70114
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Johnny Jacobs Playground in Marrero
- 5851 5th Ave
- Marrero, LA 70072
- 3700 Civic St.
- Metairie, LA 70001
Patients on dialysis in the New Orleans area should use the below resources from the New Orleans Health Department.
- Fresenius Kidney Care Lake Forest; 10545 Lake Forest Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70127; Closes at 9 p.m.
- Fresenius Kidney Care Metairie Dialysis; 4425 Utica St., Metairie, LA 70006; Closes at Midnight
- Fresenius Kidney Care Downtown; 2235 Poydras St., New Orleans
- Fresenius Kidney Care Marrero; 735 Westbank Expressway, Marrero
- Davita Uptown; 1401 Foucher St., New Orleans
- Davita Gentilly; 4720 Paris Ave., New Orleans
- Ochsner Kidney Care – Jefferson Highway, 320 Maine St., Jefferson: 504-273-0810
- If calling after hours seeking a next-day appointment call National Renal Care at 562-421-2690 to leave a message
Patients must bring their “emergency packet”- which includes their HD prescription and their dry weight. Patient should return to ER if they have any trouble.
- Fresenius Emergency Line: 1-800-626-1297
- DaVita Emergency Line: 504-283-9098 or 800-900-8331
- Dialysis Center Inc (DCI): 1-866-424-1990
- Patients can also call the End Stage Renal Disease Network 13 patient line at 800-472-8664 for assistance in locating a dialysis center throughout Louisiana
Vision Center Update
For patients with prescription eye glasses that may be damaged or broken, we recommend that you save your lenses and the parts/pieces of your frame. When you are back in town/able to visit one of our locations, we can work with you to find something to best fit with your original lenses, and we can check what warranties are valid. If you purchase new frames at another location, note that they may not be able to fit your lenses perfectly.
If there is damage to your glasses or contact lenses purchased through Ochsner Vision Center or they seem to be defective, please save all parts and pieces. Bring to us upon your return and we can help determine if they are under a manufacturer’s warranty.
Your Medical Records Are at Your Fingertips
Use MyOchsner/MyChart to view all of your medical records in one place, from your smartphone, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Message your providers to request refills. Share your medical records with other providers using Share Anywhere in the app. Login.
If you do not have a MyOchsner account and would like to obtain a copy of your medical record, fax or mail the Release of Information form to the appropriate location. The Release of Information forms can be found on our website (https://www.ochsner.org/patients-visitors/medical-records-and-documents). The patient’s written authorization must be signed and dated and must include the name and address of the individual who is to receive the copies of the record, the information requested and the treatment dates.
As an Ochsner patient, your medical records are available to all of our providers at any Ochsner location.
*COVID-19 vaccine records only available in MyOchsner for patients who received their vaccine through Ochsner. The MyOchsner app must be updated to access your vaccine proof.
For Media and Press
- Our public relations team is currently receiving a high volume of media requests and are working to respond as quickly as possible with accurate, current information. To submit a query, email email@example.com.
- Ochsner is hosting frequent press briefings online. Visit our online newsroom for more information and to view.
Continue to check back for the latest updates.